Phone Issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone Issues
So, all of my contacts have vanished (bar my own home number, useful!). Confused Moto G 3rd Gen 8gb, latest Android, whatever silly name they've given that lol.

I imported them from the SIM to the phone originally (I think) so have no way of re-adding them. Is there any way I can retrieve them?

I also need a new micro SD card which will be used purely for photos, anyone recommend a size and make? My current 512kb one isn't big enough lol.

And can I make all photos go to the card immediately? As currently they stay on the phone and I have to manually move them across. But I don't know if that's because its an old card that was somehow formatted to the old phone? I have no idea on this stuff lol.

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
its all android. log in with the same account and they should all magically reappear if you have sync turned on. By default android saves contact to the cloud not the sim.

"Open the camera. There's a little settings icon/cogwheel. Press it and options open up - scroll down to near the bottom you can select where to store the photos."
Thanks given by:
So amazingly the camera has a settings option I never knew about, cheers Sam! lol

But we still can't solve the vanishing contacts. I can't log out of Google (just tried) so can't possibly be logged out and I only have one account afaik, never really use it, just for phone and Xbox!
Thanks given by:
remove the account and re-add it then.. or force a sync.

there should be an accounts and sync option somewhere
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Contacts are synced (daily it seems). The contacts don't seem to be on my Google account though?
Thanks given by:
when adding a contact in the future set the contact type to "google contact".. it will help
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Hindsight is great isn't it lol. Yeah I think these are gone forever. Sad
Thanks given by:
tom saw this on another site maybe worth a try
Go to Contacts press in the three dots in the botton right side and choose Contacts to show, choose All Contacts. See if all contacts appears.
if does not work Try choose Costumize instead and mark all boxes in all accounts and SIMs' and Phone..

(copied and pasted this from another site so not my spelling mistakes haha)
Thanks given by:
Already tried that unfortunately, there are only 3 contacts on the SIM from the previous phone (voicemail, balance check etc). And choosing all contacts to show just shows my house number lol.
Thanks given by:
did you check this box too tom?
Having looked again at the Customize, saw there was an 'all other types' option which I hadn't checked.
Thanks given by:
Just checked again, ticked every possible box and still nothing.
Thanks given by:
As a last check, go into Gmail on your laptop, and go to contacts from the menu over on the left, if there are none there, then there are none there!

Might be though!
Thanks given by:
Nope, just my home number there too lol.
Thanks given by:
time to start asking for everyones number again then i guess i hate it when i loose contacts when swopping phones/sims etc ive learnt to write them all down now though.
Thanks given by:
First time its happened to me, some of the contacts on there were from 2003! lol
Thanks given by: