Nile blue dturbo project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nile blue dturbo project
So seeing as I got a d turbo again I guess I'll start up a wee project

The car is Nile blue ,bought it with 44,000 on the clock and it has all the stamps up untill 38,000. Dent here , flaky lacquer and some rust but nothing too bad ! Body is straight and it drives bloody well!! Going to do the timing belt / water pump in the next few weeks for peace of mind.

I've had a wee play with fuel and boost and it's currently sitting at 18psi with minimal reek on boost.

So far I've fitted the xsara beam , de cat ,basic ice and a few gauges.

The wish list is pretty much the usual things you'd want 
Wheels :17 challenger alloys (bought)
Brakes: 307hdi calipers 283mm disks (bought, but may change my mind and go for brembo)
Suspension : still not too sure if I'll go for coilovers or a really good combination of shocks and springs but don't wanna go to low!30-40mm drop tops.
Turbo : have a few ideas but need to get familiar with welding!
Exhuast : again have a idea but same issue as above 
Body work will stay as is for now, but I'm going to have a wee go at making a fibre glass wing and if that turns out well I'll replace both wings and the bonnet.
Bits and bobs : few more gauges, fun co2 bits ,hdi gear box , 16v hdi rods , bosh pump and maybe eventually water/meth injection.

But unfortunately at the moment progress on the big stuff will be slow , the Mrs is using the car to learn in and I don't fancy the hike in insurance or the loss of a bumper due to her inability to brake before speed bumps! 
Anyway ive not got much in the way of photos yet of the car but I'll take a few soon ! For now here's one of my old d turbo from a few years back, excuse the boot , some wee nees  decided I didn't need a rear window .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
So a little update.

Managed to get my hands on a set of xsara vts shocks with spax 30mm springs on them, tbh not much of a difference but it has brought the front end down a touch so it doesn't look like it's constantly accelerating!

Also got a Bosch pump and td04 set up on the way.

However noticed yesterday that the steering rack is awfy rusty , like "it's gonna fall apart" rusty! So that will need replaced.

Thinking that if I'm wanting to do the timing belt , pump, turbo , make room for the turbo , steering rack and anti roll bar I may as well get the engine out and give my self some room to work! So checked online and I can hire a engine crane for 40quid over a weekend! But my next long weekend ain't due till the end of June so can't imagine I'll be getting much done for a few weeks,

Might even aim to get a engine bush kit while its out to save hassle! 

Any ways here is a picture of it with the shocks fitted , imo it looks stock height but it does handle better now so not complaining

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
So little update , managed to fit the Bosch pump and td04 , had a little bit of bother with the pump as I completely forgot to retire the stop switch , spent about 2 hours cursing the thing haha , timing belts also been done with new water pump , pulleys etc.
Also had a fair bit of bother with the exhuast so ended up going to machine mart picking up a mig and teaching my self to weld ! It's not pretty but here's my new down pipe !    

Its strong (thrown it across my drive way about 10 times )
And I'm pretty confident it won't leak , it's only got to last about a month untill I can get all the bits together to make a full 2.5 inch system but I am pretty happy with how it has went considering on Friday I couldn't even solder wire
Thanks given by:
I like it! Smile
Stage 2 love wagon 
Thanks given by:
Nice to see people still cracking on with these old beasts! Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2017, 10:37 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Nice to see people still cracking on with these old beasts! Big Grin
No clue why I started this again haha cars been nothing but a pain up untill last week when it decided to play ball and actually work.

Sooo a good few months have passed and tbh I had started to give up and focus on my bikes. 

Then due to both bikes almost getting stollen I had to get the blue heap working ( fuel issues , alternator , siezed turbo ) managed to fix everything and she was running well ... for a day!! 
My top mount and lower engine mounts were goosed! So ordered up a set of vibra  competition mounts(just for the craic) now the mrs won't get in the thing (result)

And then a week later after using the bike for a few days I came out to a very seized rear caliper ! No biggie I managed to give it a clean and new seals and it was golden , however when I went to bleed the fronts after fitting my braided lines my nipple done what any other bleed nipple would do ....ping!!!! so was again without a car!
A week passed and then Alex ( man from dpd who Delivers boxes of joy ) handed me a box full of calipers , disks and pads. So I set about getting them fitted ! And for the first time ever I managed to Fit a "bolt on mod" By simply bolting them on! Which obviously had to be complimented by a nice cheap set of oz wheelsSmile 

And that's about it ATM main thing is the car is running really well so fills me wit a little more confidence.
Thanks given by:
So today i managed to build up some mounts for the intercooler And oil cooler , just the usual gremlins really, rusted bolts , stupidly flimsy bits of plastic and lots of dirt. [Image: b13e9be5d2955b9c21f00ca183816d97.jpg]
To be honest I'm pretty happy with it , everything fits well and it's well hidden Smile will be painting the IC black for extra stealth. [Image: bf6be4a25f284b3c3cbb843aaf43faaa.jpg]

Also made a start on the oil cooler lines , all cut to size just need to get a 24 mm spanner as my last one broke working on the bike ( may have been using it as a hammer)
[Image: efb9554483ab557bd026d5a484515712.jpg]

But seeing As I live in Scotland the weather decided to put a halt to progress.[Image: 348e0163747f259a62ea28d999298ed3.jpg]

Anyway next on the todo list is move the washer bottle somewhere (yet to be decided) and drill / tap the xzantia mani for boost gauge and fuel hoses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Good work fella, can I ask why you think you'll need the oil cooler? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks , the car will be doing a fair bIt of track days , also later in the year I will be heading to the ring for my birthday, oil temps have been pretty high recently think it may be related to the td04 but not sure, and with my plans for the near future I want to keep the engine as cool as possible . Plus it's shiny.

Thanks given by:
i love the look of your old one! Good progress on this one as well!
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2017, 08:14 AM)Eeyore Wrote: i love the look of your old one! Good progress on this one as well!

Thanks fella , I do miss the old one but that's it was a nightmare at that height and tbh I don't think the new one will be going much lower than it is now , and the black boot may make a return as my current one is rotten around the bottom of the windowSad

Thanks given by:
So gave the car a wee wash at the weekend mainly to get a better idea of the condition of the new wheels , verdict is they need refurbished badly !!
[Image: 87edc83cdfc56e68cb4df4d59f552b4f.jpg]

And made a start on the xsantia mani , drilled and tapped so now I can hook it up to the pump and gauge, just waiting on some more silicone and some wires / multi plugs so I can get the washer bottle moved and piping installed , also got a fair tower of parts waiting to go on so hopefully this week will see a good bit of progress.

[Image: d979b53e41dfdb56cfedb8f91f1a84dd.jpg]

Thanks given by:
So managed to get the fmic plumbed up today , going to relocate the washer bottle tomorrow as I ran out of wire after sorting my new gauges , finally have a working oil temp gauge! Nothing that exciting tho.[Image: 772780df3a9b9c32829eabd58d8004d8.jpg][Image: 54d662aee8ba4f5c92e99f4eb0080b53.jpg][Image: 0f669f7a62de92c4d45257eb0182775e.jpg][Image: d652b0dddba9f69ab7413f36fcbda71b.jpg]

Thanks given by:
So re done the pipe work today as I wasn't happy with it , drivers side will stay as is from now on but the gearbox side is just a lash up untill I move my turbo , [Image: 47e961f759c48bc80d012e92bd5675eb.jpg]

also relocated the battery today so been a rather productive day off!
[Image: afa11d09a3b32042e85ebc8762c32c3d.jpg]

Thanks given by:
So today was a right laugh , started off quite well with the getting the wishbones off and the p bushes and front bushes replaced easy enough , also done the ball joints, one looked like it had only just been done but had two there so no harm in it [Image: c500325bcde5b36e24c1641a108ff354.jpg]

Then while removing the subframe this happened [Image: 16ee1d8802e12a086ee31db6b79814a7.jpg]

A few calls to pug and apparently they have discontinued the bits needed ( if anyone knows differently please let me know ) then I called quickco who apparently have a kit but at 58+vat a side I'm not going to rush into getting one from them, so I've got a idea but will need to wait untill tomorrow to get some welding supplies and metal Smile

Anyway seeing as the subframe is off I decided to fit the xsara vts ph2 rack which was quite easy , only issue was the hoses but managed to get them routed so they don't foul drive shafts or the turbo , may look into getting some lines made as I'm not too happy with how much excess there is but it will do for now , also got the gti ARB fitted and some new drop links.

Will hopefully get the subframe back on tomorrow.

Thanks given by:
New subframe cup was a success , bit of stainless bar cut, drilled and tapped , squared the top so it fits to the standard mount hole then drilled some holes into the cup so I could plug weld it into position , ran a wee bead around the base for extra strength, happy days!

Done a bit of a tracking to get it down for a alignment tomorrow morning!

First impression of the rack is amazing, so much tighter add in the new bushes and joints and it feels fantastic!

But I made a big mistake today , I got the two girls out the garage and took them for a wee run! So now a bit worried my focus may go towards my two wheeled companions

Meet vara:
[Image: bd13d1451d160b390dc1555f646fd124.jpg]

And starlet:
[Image: 8eceff77c5095543d243adcd9d2579ef.jpg]

Anyway , looking forward to the bike season as it means I can get the pug off the road and do some serious refurbishing to the underside as it is a little worse for wear.

Thanks given by:
Now starlet looks like a bit of alright too me! Big Grin

More info on the bikes needed!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Vara is a xl1000 v2
Tall screen + adjustable lip

Hel braided lines all round with the dual braking system still in operation

Scot-oiler tour system

Home made foam air filter

Fuel "road legal" exhausts

Full givi mono key rack,

Progressive fork springs

New rear shock,

Heated grips

Rider scan mirror

The entire bike was stripped and new bearings, bushes fitted

I'm currently designing a tow hitch for it , no real reason

Had it for about 3 years and think I'll have it untill it dies! Properly in love with that bike!

Starlet was a impulse by (much like the 306)

Yamaha xvs650 1998

I bought it pretty much as it looks , but I did fit new indicators , ape hangers and pressed rear plate.

It's a real head turner thanks to the straight through exhaust and the way it rides in amazing! Not very practical tho as I can't even wear a ruck sack as it either gets covered in crap from the road or caught in the rear tyre! And riding it in Edinburgh's tight streets is almost impossible.

I am looking at hard tailing it but god knows if that will happen anytime soon, if it does tho I'll set up a project in other vehicles section.

[Image: 68a466f13d5512c657996934915377e1.jpg][Image: 62ab8f9d4a28d055d5934f379c2e911b.jpg]

A couple more of starlet, seriously can't wait for the better weather to get her out properly!

Anyway back to the car haha,
Got it tracked today and it feels great now , now just waiting for some more bits and bobs so gonna clean the bikes and chill Smile

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,630 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Andy's garden ornament Nile Blue GTi-6 Andy 26 8,133 12-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
Thumbs Up Another DTurbo Project Hobo Ash 11 4,980 04-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Last Post: TommiePuglet