more annoying house stuff from me, builder/extension!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more annoying house stuff from me, builder/extension!
Right! First property not happening, vendor totally unwilling to reduce price AT ALL.

Nothing else in Stroud is suitable/tickles my fancy and is within my budget

Found this next one, but would really like a garage for 2nd car/storage of tools.

This doesn't currently have a garage, but there is a gap next to the house where there is currently a storm porch/outhouse, so it got me thinking!

Could I extend? (I have no idea so am looking for experience from someone who has done it!)

I am thinking of a 2 storey garage/ large bedroom with ensuite upstairs. but as you can see from the picture ive attached, the next house is quite close (4.74m according to the rough-back of fag packet quality calculation I did from google maps) No idea how wide a potential extension would need to be but im going to assume its going to be 3.5m+

Is this likely to be granted planning permission? How much is such an extension likely to cost?

This 2nd house is far cheaper than the first, so extra funds from mortgage are available.

[Image: houseystuff_zpsagqnokdc.png]
Thanks given by:
Is your extension likely to block sunlight or massively overlook the other property?
If so it might prevent a 2 story, but you could most likely go single story.

(You could even go single story with a habitable basement??)
Thanks given by:
Possibly window at rear so not overlooking property next door, overlooking other peoples properties is a big drawback when trying to get planning permission.
Thanks given by:
Will the mortgage lender even lend extra money for the purposes of an extension? I can't fund it myself without SERIOUSLY dipping into my deposit!
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 06:41 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Will the mortgage lender even lend extra money for the purposes of an extension? I can't fund it myself without SERIOUSLY dipping into my deposit!

Nope..

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Its a cardboard box for me.....
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2016, 07:32 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 06:41 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Will the mortgage lender even lend extra money for the purposes of an extension? I can't fund it myself without SERIOUSLY dipping into my deposit!

Nope..

This.
Bank of mum and dad or save up for the work.

It'll take a while (and some cash) to get plans and permission sorted, which can easily be a year if the council don't play ball.
After that you've got 3 years from the date permission is granted to 'start' (you can dig the footings and then leave it for a year or two)

That way you can spread the cost a little and have some time to save funds.
Thanks given by:
or you can do it yourself,

its not hard to dig footings, just back breaking Smile lol. then you get the re-bar and concrete put in professionally, from there you start ordering the bricks and breeze blocks,
it really is more daunting than difficult. you just get the crucial stages done professionally Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oh bugger dog house tonight cully 10 3,128 14-12-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  House electrical question cpikey316_ 6 3,054 15-11-2017, 06:42 AM
Last Post: cully
  House moving cost cpikey316_ 22 4,685 30-07-2016, 06:20 AM
Last Post: cpikey316_