Balljoint 18mm or 16mm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balljoint 18mm or 16mm
Changing my balljoints and it had 18mm on before. Can i put 16mm on as thats whats turned up and cant be bothered to take them back. Thanks in advance for any ad
Thanks given by:
no they are wrong and wont fit, will rattle about and potentially fall off and its dangerous as hell
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Are you seriously asking that? Confused
Thanks given by:
Thanks bash. I did a google search and on the gti6 club they was saying you could. Im glad i asked now

Will try and put the google link up tom
Thanks given by:
Yeah that should be interesting! It'd essentially be like trying to fit wheels with 13mm bolts lol...

Not sure which forum it was but I have seen pics where someone fitted the smaller BJ and they didn't get out of their road before the BJ fell out and the arch sat on the wheel.
Thanks given by:
Not bothering with google search i will just ask on here first from now on
Thanks given by:
I had a garage fit new ball joints for an mot and they put a 16 mm into the 18 hub on the n/s and just really over tightened the hub bolt to fit. Steering was a mess!! Surprised I didn't end up rolling the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
you can fit 16mm ball joint but you would have to change the hubs as well

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balljoint part number Razorback_Rob 2 1,448 25-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  ball joints which is better 16mm or 18mm chippyba 24 7,898 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Matt