Xantia HDi Shed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xantia HDi Shed
...and also a bit of a shed.

Details first. 78k miles, MOT until next April and it's mechanically super-solid.

Cosmetically...? Well. Hmm.

Yeah, it's a shed.

[Image: uBIRXJ1.jpg]

[Image: DhFpAZE.jpg]

[Image: HQYFq3Y.jpg]

[Image: VhYUJd5.jpg]

Drives nicely though, and the suspension behaves as it should. Itwasntme

Plans so far:

- Service
- Remap
- Fix the airbag light (I've been told to check the under-seat connectors), but I may get another pair of front seats from the scrappy and kill two birds with one stone there
- Fix the blower motor (transistor pack on order)
- Drive it like I stole it

I also got some spare parts with it:

- Passenger side mirror
- A couple of mirror covers (but one is the wrong colour, and the other is cracked)
- Driver's side mirror glass
- A pair of door speakers
- A driver's window regulator
- Various ratchet straps
- A huge heavy-duty towing eye
- A car cover (really? It's a shed!)
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Low miles at least lol, Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by: me-tm
It's going to end up being a DILLIGAF kind of car, I think.
Thanks given by:
Are you sure it is "an HDI" as opposed to "a HDI"?
I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere recently.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2016, 05:57 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Are you sure it is "an HDI" as opposed to "a HDI"?
I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere recently.

Damn, beat me to it! lmao
Thanks given by:
Oh christ.

GRAMMAR WARS, COMMENCE!
Thanks given by:
yeah be careful they will ruin youre thread. seriously though nice bus. does what it says on the tin. sometimes that all you need,
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I can confirm it has a Bosch ECU, so will be getting mapped at some point.

I've also got the knack of the suspension now, you just need to be patient and tickle the throttle just above idle and it raises nicely.
Thanks given by:
FIXORATION HAS HAPPENED.

I completely dis-assembled the blower motor and pretty much filled it with contact cleaner, and it sprang to life! Works perfectly on all settings and isn't even squeaky! Win!

Then I got confident, so disconnected the battery and filled the under-seat connectors with contact cleaner. Airbag light is now gone! Another win!

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Update of my to-do list.

- Service
- Remap - DONE
- Fix the airbag light - DONE
- Fix the blower motor -DONE
- Fix driver's seat

I shall see about getting some sort of fabric adhesive this evening and stick some of the spare seat material I got from the previous owner over the bits on the driver's seat. Not saying it'll be a permanent solution but should cover up the bits of foam that are falling out.

Filters etc. are on order and due to arrive today, so I'm planning to give it a service at the weekend.

I got a stage 1 map from Pro_Steve yesterday evening and it works a treat. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
LOL - how did the seat fabric get so bad at 78000 miles ?
I used to have a xantia - very comfy car,I wrote it off in a slow speed shunt,had to get a car superquick and ended up with a cheap non turbo ZX diesel for 12 months Smile
Thanks given by:
Seats usually do wear more on low mileage cars as they're used for short trips which means lots of getting in out, scraping your backside over the bolster every time.

If you're only getting in and out twice a day doing a 200 mile motorway journey there's very little wear caused.
Thanks given by:
Aye, it's strange. The rest of the interior (bar the steering wheel) is immaculate.

I may look into another wheel.
Thanks given by:
Maybe used to be owned by an enthusiastic eater Smile
Who wore rough jeans !
Thanks given by:
WHO CHANGED THE TITLE OF THE THREAD?! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2016, 02:23 PM)me-tm Wrote: WHO CHANGED THE TITLE OF THE THREAD?! Dodgy

What was the title its an hdi?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Well, it's still an HDi and still a shed.

Going strong though. I just need to change the accumulator sphere as it's clicking a bit.

This whole hydropneumatic business is witchcraft, but it's fun!

In other news, I now have a 50% stake in a BMW E36 too. New thread for that?
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've seen it on the other forum, post it up. :-)
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Ooooh, that's now two people I know of on here who are also on the beige forum. I assume that's where you saw it. Unless you're on Turboduck.
Thanks given by:
Last weekend I managed to replace the accumulator sphere with the help of a local member of the French Car Forum.

It now raises and lowers much more quickly, and it's back to doing the 'arse in the air' trick when you sit on the foot brake in traffic. Big Grin

I'm also working on a pikey straight-through exhaust. The section of tail pipe from the 316, where it rusted off just before the back box, is the perfect size and shape to go in place of the Xantia's back box! It just needs hangers fabricated. I've actually broken the seal on the Xantia's back box and have been driving it around like that and it's nowhere near as loud as I thought it would, but the turbo spool is fun, so I reckon the straight through should be alright.
Thanks given by: