Intermittent not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermittent not starting
I've started to get a random not starting issue with my estate, the car is running a stage 2 map and runs absolutely fine when it's running no cutting out/power loss when it is running but when I turn it off its random if it will start back up. The lift pump don't seem to prime when it don't start anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Surely someone should have an idea

Thanks given by:
Well you already know what the problem is....the lift pump won't prime when it should.

I'd be checking the brown relay first tbh.
Thanks given by:
Just swapped the lift pump, brown fuel relay, cleaned fpr and new fuel filter still the same

Thanks given by:
Have you got PP2K?
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately not. I don't know anyone who has it around my area

Thanks given by:
Ah that's a shame. Confused

I'd probably check the large plug under the wiper motor and the round plugs on the chassis leg for water ingress and the one under the glovebox for burning myself.

Does anything else weird happen with the key, not always bringing ignition on or anything? Apart from an ignition fault I can only think that it would be wiring related as you've changed all of the above.
Thanks given by: pug306driver
Everything works as it should nothing wiered or anything. Once it's running it will run all day long but itw a game of roulette atm [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]. I'll check the plugs buddy cheers

Thanks given by:
Check the two plugs under the glove box. One of them I've seen burn out and its the pin the goes to the lift pump.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: pug306driver
I've just unpluged the 2 under the glove box and the 2 in the engine bay they looked ok so plugged them back in and it started up 15 times in a row so God knows what I've done but it seems to be ok atm 😀😀

Thanks given by:
Just the action of unplugging and plugging can clean contacts. People that are in to hifi stuff do it regularly on the signal end.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
I have worked on quite a few and put a few engines in aswell (this use to be a dw8) and converted my Mrs cabriolet to hdi but haven't had any problems till now lol

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the heads up about the under glove box relays dee turbo, putting that little gem into my note book straight away.

pp where are you maybe close to caernarfon??
Thanks given by:
If all your electrical connections etc are good and the problem persists you're probably looking at an immobiliser issue.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intermittent non-starting fault dimar 5 1,526 13-08-2016, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  406hdi 110bhp - Intermittent Starting anto 8 1,868 26-04-2016, 09:50 AM
Last Post: anto
  Intermittent starting issue Jukie88 20 3,715 03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Jukie88