Hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Well, picked up a bargain basement estate the other week so thought I'd wander in...

Got it through the MOT with a little tickle with the welder on a fiver's worth of exhaust lumps from the scrappy and a replacement numberplate bulb, so happy days there.

Now, the audio - what wasn't broken was crap. So, out came the oem head unit and (what laughably pass for) speakers. So far, a pair of Alpines in the front doors and some 4-way sony 6x9s in the tailgate improved things with a cdx-gt200 filling the hole in the dash - next is to figure out ramming a pair of 12s in the boot cubbies (with work use and kids, I need boot space). If I can do it without the wife noticing, new door cards might be on the menu too.

Anyway, everyone loves pictures - so here it is the day I bought it

[Image: 3vHFQjs.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice. Looks like my 2000 meridian estate. Though I prefer your alloys. Amazing what you can pick these up for. What's the mileage on it?! Looks tidy. 😀

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
My 'alloys' are actually plastics  Blush  (trims on steels) If some very cheap alloys present themselves to me I might throw them on, but if not I'll blast and paint the steels as and I when I put new tyres on.

Got 164,000 miles on it atm, and a bit of a moaning gearbox (either diff or bearings, only on power or overrun) so new oil and some slip might shut it up a bit, but if it eats itself I'm sure I can find another box somewhere. Can't moan too much for what it cost to buy though.
Thanks given by:
Put some fully synthetic in my gearbox made it much smoother. 😀

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: