Citroen c5 woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen c5 woes
So as the story goes ive had a customer of mine with a dv6 engined c5 blow a turbo. usual issues. shitty service intervals and gunked up everything. out a brand new BNT turbo on with new oil feed line and new oil pickup. got it all up and running spot on. done loads i thought this was job jobbed. 

however 

This is where the issues have begun. it keeps throwing its self into limp home mode with a turbo overboost signal fault and a maf fault. 
now according to my readings the maf is reading within range. no idea why its overboosting drives spot on. also has a dpf on. the dpf has been regenerated as well if that helps. 

if anyone has any ideas i am happy to listen. been playing with these a fair while but this one has me stumped.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Theres something you have to do with the vanes on a new turbo iirc, not sure if it's as simple as a calibration through Lexia or if it's more involved. Pro Steve will know!
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2016, 05:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Theres something you have to do with the vanes on a new turbo iirc, not sure if it's as simple as a calibration through Lexia or if it's more involved.  Pro Steve will know!

well i dont know if pro steve knows that would be great
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
meh, shouldn't be overboosting though, assuming control is via ECU and not in the actuator ala super modern canbus style.

actuators are normally setup with vanes on flowbench prior to being sent out, so should be good.

assume you've checked for vac leaks ..etc though default is zero boost, rather than overboost.

sticking vanes perhaps? easy to check by moving the lever back and forth
Thanks given by:
Brand spanking new turbo. vac lines hold vaccum. Its just very strange I must've done hundreds of these now and never had this issue after one. we pulled the dpf off today to clean it with some product. (my bosses idea not mine. we dont see eye to eye on these "products") so its sat there with a dpf cleaner in it atm. cant see why that would be an issue
Thanks given by:
I've had one or 2 of the vacuum solenoids go faulty there down the back of the engine, it also has to vent properly.
Thanks given by: