Advice please on val

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice please on val
Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I completely understand the 100 posts required before selling idea. I AM trying to sell a Peugeot 306 on behalf of my 86 year old dad, who has decided to give up driving. But I'm after advice rather than a sale! I'm not a car buff at all, and I don't want to get ripped off. I would love some honest suggestions as to what it might be worth. It's p reg, with s genuine 36ooo mileage, bought new by my sister in law, passed on to my dad, garaged all its life, slight dent in the rear bumper where dad reversed into a tree. (One of the reasons he decided to give up!) I've driven it for a week once when my Volvo v70 ( the love of my life, but that's another story) was off the road, and it seemed pretty nippy to me. His garage has offered him £20, which I think is taking the wee wee. He said it's only worth scrapping, but I thought there must be people out there somewhere who love their peugeots and would have a better idea than me. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with it. It's always passed its mot, dads done less than 500 miles a year in it to tesco and back for the last few years.
Like I say, not trying to sell it on here, but would really REALLY welcome some advice. 
Thank you.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 09:01 PM)Muffin thedogandme Wrote: Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I completely understand the 100 posts required before selling idea. I AM trying to sell a Peugeot 306 on behalf of my 86 year old dad, who has decided to give up driving. But I'm after advice rather than a sale! I'm not a car buff at all, and I don't want to get ripped off. I would love some honest suggestions as to what it might be worth. It's p reg, with s genuine 36ooo mileage, bought new by my sister in law, passed on to my dad, garaged all its life, slight dent in the rear bumper where dad reversed into a tree. (One of the reasons he decided to give up!) I've driven it for a week once when my Volvo v70 ( the love of my life, but that's another story) was off the road, and it seemed pretty nippy to me. His garage has offered him £20, which I think is taking the wee wee. He said it's only worth scrapping, but I thought there must be people out there somewhere who love their peugeots and would have a better idea than me. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with it. It's always passed its mot, dads done less than 500 miles a year in it to tesco and back for the last few years.
Like I say, not trying to sell it on here, but would really REALLY welcome some advice. 
Thank you.

ok first of all. welcome along. £20 is a rip off. low milage is a good thing. get some pictures up and spec of the car engine size mot etc. and we can give you a rough value but its worth more than that
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 09:05 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(03-05-2016, 09:01 PM)Muffin thedogandme Wrote: Hello everyone. This is my first post, and I completely understand the 100 posts required before selling idea. I AM trying to sell a Peugeot 306 on behalf of my 86 year old dad, who has decided to give up driving. But I'm after advice rather than a sale! I'm not a car buff at all, and I don't want to get ripped off. I would love some honest suggestions as to what it might be worth. It's p reg, with s genuine 36ooo mileage, bought new by my sister in law, passed on to my dad, garaged all its life, slight dent in the rear bumper where dad reversed into a tree. (One of the reasons he decided to give up!) I've driven it for a week once when my Volvo v70 ( the love of my life, but that's another story) was off the road, and it seemed pretty nippy to me. His garage has offered him £20, which I think is taking the wee wee. He said it's only worth scrapping, but I thought there must be people out there somewhere who love their peugeots and would have a better idea than me. As far as I know there's nothing wrong with it. It's always passed its mot, dads done less than 500 miles a year in it to tesco and back for the last few years.
Thank you.

ok first of all. welcome along. £20 is a rip off. low milage is a good thing. get some pictures up and spec of the car engine size mot etc. and we can give you a rough value but its worth more than that

My goodness me, thank you for such a quick reply. I will take some photos tomorrow when I visit dad.
Thanks given by:
£20 is a insult. I have no idea how much its worth down your end but its definitely worth a lot more than £20. Is it a 3 door or 5? Get some pictures up and people will be able to advise you better on here. Has it MOT left on it if so how much?
Thanks given by:
Welcome
You could get more than £20 if you drove it to a scrap yard!
As others have said, get us some pics and we can get a better idea of the exact model and colour then can give you a better idea of price Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Down in south wales (within 20 miles at least) it is £20 a tonne.. properly crap at the moment

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Btw I got offered £150 for my dts, which hasnt moved in about 18 months lol

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
What engine is it?

I'm in Cambridge on Sunday, dropping the Mrs' off at the train station, I may know someone who could be interested depending on the engine and if it's 3 or 5 door.
Thanks given by:
Chances are it's a low spec 1.6/NAD which will be of no value to a trader. £20 isn't far off current scrap price tbh.

However with low mileage, if it's fairly tidy and not full of rust underneath, I would imagine someone would pay more than that for it! Smile
Thanks given by:

Hello again everyone.
I hope I've done this right. There should be 4 photos' one showing the exact mileage, which I'd got slightly wrong. It's 38 something, not 36.
It's a 306XL, 3 door hatch, 1360cc, petrol, bright red, if a little dusty!
First registered to my sister in law on 20/01/1997, she sold it to my dad 20/02/2000.
The MOT runs til end December . The inside is very tidy, no torn seats etc.
Ideally I would have liked to sell It here to someone who loves peugeots, but I'm never realistically going to get to 100 posts, so I shall put it on gumtree and hope that if anyone has any interest they will contact me there. I am VERY grateful for the advice. Thank you
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's one of the less desirable ones in the spec it is with the engine.

What sort of price are you looking for? I may still have a friend that could be interested. I'm sure the admin of the site will leave this thread as it's a genuine case rather than a spammer trying to sell their wares.
Thanks given by:

My dads 306. I haven't Sussed out how to do this properly!

(04-05-2016, 12:30 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Yeah it's one of the less desirable ones in the spec it is with the engine.

What sort of price are you looking for? I may still have a friend that could be interested. I'm sure the admin of the site will leave this thread as it's a genuine case rather than a spammer trying to sell their wares.

I just don't know, that's the problem! I'm not a car buff and my dad certainly isn't! As much as possible I guess is the answer but I don't know what's realistic. Thanks
Thanks given by:
I wouldve said a gumtree sale type thing would yeild £500ish wih that milage i think a sale on here would get £200-300 as someone would snap it up for the parts alone due to spec of the engine which is unfortunate but true. Which is a shame as its a nice car. People tend to like the more powerfull or econical ones on here.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
yeh with an MOT for a year it has to be worth at least 200-300.
Thanks given by:
Thank you all for your advice. I have a better idea now. I hope it will go to someone who wants a cheap reliable runaround , it would be a shame, as bashbarnard says, for it to get broken for spares when it's been such a little gem of a car. There's no rust on it that I can see. It's never lived outside.
Jj did you have a price in mind to offer? I will put it on gumtree but you are welcome to come have a look on Sunday.
Thanks given by:
In all honesty it's just a friend who is after a runaround as his daily is very thirsty. He's looking to spend very little
Thanks given by: