Anyone on here into volvos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone on here into volvos
Rainbow 
So after my estate is "finished" (please note the quote marks there) and I've moved house, I will be spending a bit of money on a Swedish car (I can see the pitch forks now). why you may ask? well I'm currently involved in a few builds off forum that are not at all pug related and one of my friends is a professional engine builder, which is a lovely perk to have in a friend and we got chatting about a few motors that we both like. turns out we both have a soft spot for volvos. Jump forward a few weeks and he rocks up with a 240 drift car on the back of his transporter and I fall in love. A few weeks later I start getting a hankering for one, but me being me I out it to the back of my mind and ignore it as I usually have "urges" to buy various cars. I then drove a few t5's at work that appeared and liked them more and then I discovered bamses turbo underpants. My god I want one. So I chat to my mate and a decision has been made to buy one of some description when I move and then throw serious power down it. Many power figures have been thrown around as "targets" (again notice the quote marks) but what will be achieved is currently unknown.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
there is someone on here who likes volvos but i cant remember who it is...
Thanks given by:
Who doesn't like Vulvas!!

Oh wait, misread that. Still, who doesn't like Volvos?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well some people are diehard fans of one car you know what its like. I really wanted a 240 with t5 turbo engine in and manual transmission. however i may have to just settle with an 850 with the correct engine already in. lol. Weve done some rough estimates on the "big bits" and joe has seen 500hp done again and again at his work, with these engines. some of which made the power more elegantly than others. i want to push the boat a bit further than that though. It seems to be you buy turbo A, with injectors Y and take G's map and it will make X power figure. so we want to ignore that and see what can actually be achieved with a little out of box thinking.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Ovlov's ftw.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ruan and Anton like Volvos (although probably newer than you are looking at)

Anyone who went to Christmas meet 2012 also likes ovlovs.
Thanks given by:
Whats not to love
[Image: 1655174_10152374353867825_63545725387748...d31840.jpg]

Idve though the redblock would be more up your street. They love boost!!
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 08:54 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ruan and Anton like Volvos (although probably newer than you are looking at)

I f*cking love Volvos.

Especially Christmas 2012 Volvos.

WRT Tuning 5cyl Whiteblocks, it's not all fun and games, they aren't as strong as their redblock cousins... The "N" series Whiteblock (what you'd get in an 850 until ~1998) are known to have weak rods - you're limited really to around 300hp. The later "RN" engines ~2002 onwards will put up with ~350hp, and the late ~2004 on engines will put up with a bit more. Same goes for the later "RNC" engines that were used - however the later 2.5 litre blocks will crack liners at high power, just search "Focus ST Cracked liner" for info...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
im assuming something happend in 2012 before i was on here
Thanks given by:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/volvo/volvo-24...1167050766
this ads only 2 days old and at £1500 I've got to think its still there in the borders!
I should have asked before but Estate or shalom? Lol Tongue
On a side note I just found this 53K ph2 Diablo for £250 in Midlothian if anyone fancies it,
https://www.gumtree.com/p/peugeot/r-reg-...1167197973
Thanks given by:
Volvos are win! I really want a C30 but they're too much atm.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 10:28 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Volvos are win! I really want a C30 but they're too much atm.

Focus in a posh frock.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 10:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 10:28 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Volvos are win! I really want a C30 but they're too much atm.

Focus in a posh frock.

Can think of worse cars to share underpinnings with!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:

I am toying with the idea of one of those too, as a replacement to the 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 11:20 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 10:56 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Focus in a posh frock.

Can think of worse cars to share underpinnings with!

Yeah...
Amazing fwd chassis with excellent design n comfort slapped on. 
Two birds, one stone
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 09:23 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 08:54 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ruan and Anton like Volvos (although probably newer than you are looking at)

I f*cking love Volvos.

Especially Christmas 2012 Volvos.

WRT Tuning 5cyl Whiteblocks, it's not all fun and games, they aren't as strong as their redblock cousins... The "N" series Whiteblock (what you'd get in an 850 until ~1998) are known to have weak rods - you're limited really to around 300hp. The later "RN" engines ~2002 onwards will put up with ~350hp, and the late ~2004 on engines will put up with a bit more. Same goes for the later "RNC" engines that were used - however the later 2.5 litre blocks will crack liners at high power, just search "Focus ST Cracked liner" for info...

Hmm we knew rods were an issue already. Cracked liners dont sound fun. Oersonally i dont come across them enough to know that. I may have to look into redblocks then.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 09:34 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: https://www.gumtree.com/p/volvo/volvo-24...1167050766
this ads only 2 days old and at £1500 I've got to think its still there in the borders!
thats not a bad 240 RoD Smile
As I said on a previous thread - one of the nice things about the 240 is that you can have cool air on your face from the face vents at the same time as having warm air on your feet from the footwell vent.Also there is a largeish  'Kick' vent on the side down near (just behind) the pedals which if you open it gives you Ram Air (ie fresh air completely separate from the heating/cooling system - great in the hot weather Smile.
I always wanted to do a diesel conversion on a 240 - they are great cars !

I had 3 Volvos - a 262,a 244 and a 440

The 440 had a renault 1.9 turbo diesel and was a nice little car.....

[Image: IMG_0192-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes Ruan, Xmas 2012! Green v70 Estate ftw.. Softest headlining I've ever encountered in a car.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I would kill for an 850R... 240 turbo or the like

last of the kindred RWD beasts they did, Volvo, and saab were always very good at making extremely quick cars that were very understated.

interestingly I saw my first v60 polestar the other day.. front brakes bigger than my front wheels..... mental!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Well the 850s going to be the one i reckon. 850s are also fwd iirc. Doesnt need o be an r one for the amount of work that will be going into it.
Thanks given by:
wasn't the R 4wd?

nvm the AWD version was a specific iteration of the 850 line,

get a T-5R Porsche tuned in cream yellow
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I like the one the old bill use other than that nooooo...lol 306 all the way
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 01:49 PM)toseland Wrote: wasn't the R 4wd?

nvm the AWD version was a specific iteration of the 850 line,  

get a T-5R   Porsche tuned in cream yellow

850 T5-R and 850R were both FWD Auto/Manual - 225hp and 240/250hp respectively. 1st gen V70R was available as Auto/Manual, FWD/AWD in '98, from '99 on it was Auto & AWD only between 240-265hp depending on transmission and year. P2 V70R is 300hp - was available AWD only but Auto/Manual, shame it suffers so many problems with the Haldex system.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2016, 09:29 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: im assuming something happend in 2012 before i was on here
Smile Possibly the best Christmas meet ever.
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 02:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 09:29 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: im assuming something happend in 2012 before i was on here
Smile Possibly the best Christmas meet ever.

Correct.

I don't think we'll ever better that meet.
Thanks given by:
have you tried viewing "Engine Addict" with Jimmy de Ville?
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread....ct-Episode
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
This thread's given me an idea, T5 in a 306 Rofl
Thanks given by:
hmm t5 in a 306. no thankyou. i mean if you want to go do it i say go for it and enjoy it but for me personally i wouldnt bother. i started this thread to see if there would be any interest on here and it turns out there is which is quite nice to be fair. when i get the motor in a few months time ill get some pics up and probably start a project thread. dont worry though the estate is staying as the daily
Thanks given by:
So if youre keeping the boosty fwd 306 estate .... you really dont need a boosty fwd swedish estate. A rwd 2/7/940 would compliment it well though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2016, 08:57 PM)thododd Wrote: So if youre keeping the boosty fwd 306 estate .... you really dont need a boosty fwd swedish estate. A rwd 2/7/940 would compliment it well though Big Grin

well i want a 240 but will settle for a 850.
also there is quite a big difference between a 160/170 bhp veg powerd derv and a 500 plus hp petrol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volvos pledge bashbarnard 12 4,656 04-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Volvos - With a lot of boost! Eeyore 8 3,055 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cwspellowe