Video editing software

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video editing software
Hey guys, I know some of you are good with video editing and suchlike, I'm after some free software to combine and edit together a few video clips I've taken. Not purely because I'm broke, but mainly because I resent the idea of spending out on a piece of software I'm rarely going to use. Wink

I've got Windows Movie Maker on my machine, but it's just not doing it for me, it just seems to do the most basic bits, and thats about it. In short, I'm hoping to make a 16x timelapse video, but slowing back to realtime in a few spots for added effect. I'm either after something that can do that, or some instruction on how to make Windows Movie Maker do it! lol

Thanks in advance. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive tried a few... Paid ones.

None have even come close to windows movie maker for usability and features tbh. What your describing can be done with it Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Does it basically consist of chopping the video up into various segments and running each segment at the speed i desire? Sounds like a lot of hard work tbh. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You'll have to do with any software to be honest. Add transition slides to make it smooth.
At least with WMM its easy to do that...couple clicks...the adobe pro I have, its drop down menus and all sorts extra
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I use Adobe Premier Pro. They should have a free trial floating about and there is probably a fix for when the trial runs out Wink
Thanks given by:
Final Cut Pro Smile ..... But you will need to stop using windows and hackintosh first Wink

However when I used to use Windoze, I used to use AVS...think they do a free trial to...worked pretty well for the cost.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
dont worry guys im here... the answer is that you wont find anything particularly decent for free. You could try gopro studio as you can make videos from other footage not just gopro bits.

I use adobe premier elements 12. Its cheap at £80 and its easy to use.
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2016, 06:36 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I use adobe premier elements 12. Its cheap at £80 and its easy to use.

You just made me LOL
good effort Tongue

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
cheap compared to the £500 plus you pay for creative suite,

or you could find an "evaluation" copy.. Creative suite's premier pro 6 is epic!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Without starting a new thread, is there anything good for macs?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 11:02 AM)Matt Wrote: Without starting a new thread, is there anything good for macs?

Final cut pro
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2016, 06:04 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Final Cut Pro Smile ..... But you will need to stop using windows and hackintosh first Wink

However when I used to use Windoze, I used to use AVS...think they do a free trial to...worked pretty well for the cost.

(25-04-2016, 11:02 AM)Matt Wrote: Without starting a new thread, is there anything good for macs?

Did you even read the thread? Tongue
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2016, 06:38 PM)cully Wrote:
(24-04-2016, 06:36 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I use adobe premier elements 12. Its cheap at £80 and its easy to use.

You just made me LOL
good effort Tongue

That is cheap for professional software.

I bet plenty on here have individual tools that cost that or more and they wouldn't be able to use that tool alone to make a living.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2016, 08:45 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(24-04-2016, 06:38 PM)cully Wrote:

You just made me LOL
good effort Tongue

That is cheap for professional software.

I bet plenty on here have individual tools that cost that or more and they wouldn't be able to use that tool alone to make a living.

Was just about to say this... The time, money and technology in a piece of software like that is staggering, I think £80 is a bloody bargain!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software wizards - dieing PC ginge191 5 1,390 30-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  PC anti malware software! cpikey316_ 5 1,472 19-09-2017, 03:15 PM
Last Post: MisterGTR
  Where can i download pp2000 software? L.J 5 1,352 21-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Last Post: L.J