Oil cooler shopping list

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil cooler shopping list
Looking at buying an oil cooler ready for summer track time as my temps go up from giving it death in the evenings so dread to think what it will be like in the summer

So afaik The eBay kits are bad. Are the coolers bad or is it the fitting kits? 

I'd rather go for braided hoses and an fittings where possible

The only bit I don't really understand is the sandwich plate, I've looked and the Rallye has something that resembles it as standard, I'm guessing that's not it? 

Also if possible id like to fit an oil pressure gauge at the same time, can this be done using the sandwich plate?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I'm sure you can get the sandwhich plate for the oil cooler feed as well as a the gauge.

I think it's relatively straight forward. I also wasn't aware of dodgy eBay kits.

You looked on somewhere like demon tweeks?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
speaking of which, thermostatic, or non?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
mocal coolers have been getting bad rep recently
i bought
19row x 235 x 1/2Bsp APS cooler from jjcraceandrally via ebay

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Use a Setrab cooler and a std take off plate, Hoses make to suit when you have everything positioned, Oil pressure just use the Phase 1 sender (M16) and move the low oil by the breather pipes to the right of the engine
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2016, 03:46 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: speaking of which, thermostatic, or non?

This! What's the difference?

Also I'm gunna re read this when I'm not half asleep as miles your reply looks to be bang on, but makes no sense in my head right now haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thermostatic come on at 89 without its constantly on so if you going short journeys it will take awhile to get up to temp.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2016, 10:28 PM)Matt Wrote:
(19-04-2016, 03:46 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: speaking of which, thermostatic, or non?

This! What's the difference?

Also I'm gunna re read this when I'm not half asleep as miles your reply looks to be bang on, but makes no sense in my head right now haha

(21-04-2016, 07:13 AM)7057sam Wrote: Thermostatic come on at 89 without its constantly on so if you going short journeys it will take awhile to get up to temp.

What he said. An acting thermostat in the cooler which kicks when you ragging the shit yo, so essentially starts cooling when it's needed.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by: