Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone

I'm new on here having just purchased a 1996 306 D Turbo which I am collecting tomorrow and will be driving back to Suffolk from London. I'm really looking forward to it. It is replacing a BX TZD Turbo.

It is completely standard except for the optional Peugeot alloy wheels, 3 door in black. It is one owner with 63,000 on the clock. The interior is immaculate and the exterior pretty good except for delamination on the roof and a small dent on the offside rear wing. Everything works although it is missing a spare wheel/tyre which I will have to source pretty pronto.

Obviously I won't know whether it is a good one until I've done my journey which is about 100 miles, a mixture of urban, motorway and cross-country. It will be a gentle journey without strain whilst I listen out or feel for anything untoward.

I'll let you know how I get on.

John

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Welcome! Ultimate - 3 door Phase 1 in black, so good! 63k on the clock too, very low milage!

Hopefully your trip home goes well, I'm keen to see more photos of this!
Thanks given by:
ohh another suffolk member we are growing in numbers. welcome along. im near bury st edmunds myself
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club! Great stuff. Im over in Ufford and we have other members in Felixstowe and Kesgrave! Big Grin Should be good for the EA meet in the summer! Black phase 1 dturbo is great! Especially good looking on fondmetals. Ive got the wheels,,, just not the car!

[Image: 383657_10150580246878066_754593065_11696...8562_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club, big love for phase 1 in black here too Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, look forward to more on this. Ph1 in black, can't go wrong
Thanks given by:
Welcome, good to see another black phase 1. Don't see many about anymore.

Got many plans for it?
Thanks given by:
Greetings. Welcome to 306oc! Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi, I'll be catching the train to London soon to collect my car. Thanks for all your comments. It would seem that a phase 1 D Turbo in black is a good choice from all your comments. As this car is so standard and original, I intend to keep it this way especially as the surviving numbers of these cars declines. Here are some more pics that I took when I went to look at it.

John

Only 1 pic came through, here's another go

Thanks given by:
Yeah fair play. Be nice to keep it pretty original as there certainly aren't many out there that haven't been played with.
Thanks given by:
Hi again everyone.

Got home smoothly and comfortably with no problems. Popped in to my local hand car wash before I got home and it has come up nicely except for the roof paint (what's left of it). Compared to the BX that it is replacing, it doesn't ride so smoothly but what does. Performance feels about the same (slightly more torque, slightly more weight) and it is still very comfortable. especially compared to modern cars and feels well planted on the road with plenty of 'feel'.

All I've noticed wrong so far are the clutch has quite alot of freeplay and needs pushing right down to the floor and is quite heavy and the radio is a bit pixilated making it hard to tune. I'm hoping that I can download instructions for the hi-fi (Clarion) so that I can work out all its functions.

So that's about it so far, I'll keep you posted.

Good to see that there are some local owners around here.

Regards

John
Thanks given by:
Now all spruced up and ready to go

Thanks given by: