Pinky will soon have to go!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinky will soon have to go!!
Thumbs Down 
I'm back!!!!!
Just had my mot and this is the third time Iv had to pay like £400 to get her fixed!! I paid £500 for it! If she breaks again I'm thinking about just losing it, iv banged it about a bit so I'm losing my love for her, Poor thing. 
If anyone sees any more pink pugs for sale can you let me know! Not ugly ones that look granny. Lol.
I'm actually gutted, you guys seem to be good at spotting things that I'd miss!
Thank you!!! Xsamx

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

pink
Thanks given by:
what she need doing this MOT? i'm surprised you can't get a 06 fwend to do bits needed cheaper than a garage . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
surely after £1200 worth of work its all fixed by now? cant be much more to go wrong with it! The thing is unless you look after it yourself its always going to cost money to repair. Youd have to buy a car for probably over a grand for one that isnt going to require work... you wont be able to just buy another car for 400 and then never maintain it.
Thanks given by:
I'd just keep that if I were you. I was in the same position with my 318i a while back and I'm glad I stuck with it cause I'm 10,000 miles down the road since then and she still hasn't blown up lol. Better off with a car that you know then one you don't know
Thanks given by:
I'm going to keep it, but if it breaks again I don't think I can! It looks crap now compared to when I first got i. It's really sad!
Something's wrong with My exhaust, 3 tires, number plate, window wipers, starter motor and my battery isn't secure x
pink
Thanks given by:
What was actually wrong for the MOT?

I bet you've done no maintenance on her all year and so half the stuff you could have sorted yourself for half the price (stuff like bulbs and wipers)
Thanks given by:
"my battery isnt secure" i think thats all we need to know really sam.... its 2 bolts. Something you could easily do yourself.

THe exhaust is probably blowing so £20 to seal it up.
3 tyres... yes we all have to replace tyres... they dont magically ever stop wearing
window wipers... yes these also dont ever magically not wear out
starter motor... im sure someone can help you... yes these do break...

thats a very easy list to fix. a new car isnt going to solve anything and could have many more problems.
Thanks given by:
Surely she meant that lot was changed for the MOT?

Not much you can do about the exterior though, except maybe stop driving into things? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
yeh if that was all fixed for the MOT you could have done it all yourself for probably well under half what they charged you!
Thanks given by:
You're from Portsmouth! I'm from Fareham, hello local-ish fellow 306 owner!

That list no where near sounds like £400 worth of stuff to fix, not even close. Perhaps go to a different garage and/or maintain & fix some of the things yourself?

Its always good to have a look over your own car a few weeks/months before its MOT, going by the MOT testing guide online. Check everything as per the testers guide (Google for it, its available from DVLA website I think). Make yourself a list & fix/replace anything you find suspect. It'll be a lot less shocking when it comes to MOT that way, not to mention cheaper.
Thanks given by:
Tbf, you should notice tyres, wipers and plates without having to purposely check them for MOT. Confused
Thanks given by:
You guys crack me up lol i bet if half your cars were mot'd right this second they would fail!

£400 is easy to rack up if you buy bosch aero wipers, 3 good quality tyres & 2 number plates inc fitting of all of it.

Sam i would recommend finding a local member on here that could help you keep costs down Smile Parts for these cars are easily available and cheap to buy, probably better to stick with the car if you have already spent that much on it and you like it.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I didn't realise you still had this!

Pay for my ferry and I'll fix it! Most of the stuff listed is pretty easy. Bar the tyres, but buy them from cams kill and it'll be fine their cheap as!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Id say keep it and fix, would cost a fortune to get another sprayed pink, and be near enough impossible to find another in pink, especially the way you want it! Smile
Thanks given by:
Think this has all already been fixed as its cost another £400! Shes saying if it happens again she will get rid and buy another pink 306... which of course doesnt exist! D:
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 01:15 PM)Matt Wrote: I didn't realise you still had this!

Pay for my ferry and I'll fix it! Most of the stuff listed is pretty easy. Bar the tyres, but buy them from cams kill and it'll be fine their cheap as!

Changing tyres is pretty easy with a bead breaker (post basher), air compressor and two lever bars. Who needs 'em balanced right?  Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 12:01 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: You guys crack me up lol i bet if half your cars were mot'd right this second they would fail!

I reckon bar possibly headlight aim mine would pass. Certainly nothing I've spotted from giving it a good going over in the last few days.
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 03:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(13-04-2016, 12:01 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: You guys crack me up lol i bet if half your cars were mot'd right this second they would fail!

I reckon bar possibly headlight aim mine would pass. Certainly nothing I've spotted from giving it a good going over in the last few days.

matt is very rude isnt he. Apart from Rust im confident in the rallye
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 03:41 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(13-04-2016, 03:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

matt is very rude isnt he. Apart from Rust im confident in the rallye

Probably why i won't get very far in life tbh lol

But still, i wouldn't wanna send any of my cars for an MOT right now!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I suppose the difference is while most of us might not be confident in passing an MOT we are at least confident that we won't be getting a ticket for some sort of vehicle defect if we get pulled over by the police unlike someone with 3 illegal tyres and illegal number plate.
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 11:01 AM)Eeyore Wrote: "my battery isnt secure" i think thats all we need to know really sam.... its 2 bolts. Something you could easily do yourself.

THe exhaust is probably blowing so £20 to seal it up.
3 tyres... yes we all have to replace tyres... they dont magically ever stop wearing
window wipers... yes these also dont ever magically not wear out
starter motor... im sure someone can help you... yes these do break...

thats a very easy list to fix. a new car isnt going to solve anything and could have many more problems.

unless you have the autogrip ones i have on the rear of the car.. they dont seem to wear.. incidently they dont seem to like staying stuck to the road either when going round corners
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
My Honda passed an MOT a few days ago, pretty sure i'd be fine!

I do like the pink! Jealous I am!
Thanks given by:
Iv already paid it, I'm picking my car up tomorrow, I wouldn't have a clue what I was meant to look for. My battery is held in place with a pizza box folded up! Haha. Iv got dents and scratches everywhere, some car wash place threw something over my bonnet and now it's not shiney anymore, it's trashed. Of course I still love it! It's pink, just not very pretty anymore lol. The 3 tires are brand new, the garage don't sell the used ones. It's killing me! Had to have my clutch changed last year! New exhausted the year before.. Xx
pink
Thanks given by:
Yeah Sam, I know I like a good bodge but a pizza box will not secure a battery, if the box slips off and you go over a bump that causes the unsecured battery to jump up and touch the bonnet the resulting explosion will cause quite a mess. Even a couple of big cable ties or a big jubilee clip would have been sufficient.
Thanks given by:
I did not know that! Seriously! I thought it would have been fine! Wish I took a picture of it now.. Looked quite funny but didn't realise it was that dangerous.. Oops! Well luckily that didn't happen.. I had no idea haha xx
pink
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't want to daily drive a 306 or any 15-20 year old car if I was paying a garage's labour rate to do everything. It'd work out cheaper overall to just buy a newer, more reliable car for a larger initial spend.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
But it's pink! I fell in love with it! Until I scraped it a few times x
pink
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2016, 10:00 PM)smanfa Wrote: But it's pink! I fell in love with it! Until I scraped it a few times x

This is possibly the most female response too anything i have ever seen lmao

But seriously if you love it, stick with it Smile After all its pretty damn unique! If you have car friends get them to check it over for you if your not confident checking it yourself Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Have you ever considered being as you're already a member, maybe learning some basic maintenance for your car, no need to be a girly girl all your life, save you a small fortune? Smile x
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I used to know a lot of people that could fix problems and stuff, then me and Phil went our own ways and made different friends so don't see him anymore, don't go to meets anymore or hang around in car parks haha lost contact with a lot of you so now it's hard to think of someone! Lol I broke down the other day and usually is have loads of people to call for help but actually struggled to think of anyone but Phil and Joe Towle lol I'm simple minded there's no way I could learn! To many little parts and stuff haha x
pink
Thanks given by: