206 hdi any good?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 hdi any good?
As 306 hdi's are getting a bit thin on the ground are 206 hdi's a good alternative?
Thanks given by:
Erm.

No.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Not overly big for a work van! Confused

The 2.0 HDi in the 206 is mostly the same as in the 306, I'm not a fan of 206s though, bit cramped for me but better than a 106.
Thanks given by:
206s have the same engine in but dont dive like a 306. The only way youll know if its good for you is go drive one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
my dad has the 1.6Hdi eco. he's happy with it as a general runabout. (and the £35/year tax)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Thats a shame as im sure i will want a 306 gain at some point and thought a 206 would be a good choice
Thanks given by:
306 HDi's are hardly thin on the ground! There's loads of them about!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2016, 07:54 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: 306 HDi's are hardly thin on the ground! There's loads of them about!

Not for sale there aren't... 306s are becoming quite sparse on ebay, max of 3 pages of results these days. Very different to 5 years ago!
Thanks given by:
They look gay, have a weird chavvy tuning scene and no room for my feet.
But I love razzing round in mrs piggys hdi 206.
Its 100kg lighter than its 306 cousin, and you can feel it.

It handles well, feels better built tbh than the 306 and i find it pretty comfy and easy to drive...so long as not in big boots.
Cabin is basic...but so is the 306.

And like the 306, lots of easy ways to mod them. If the sills are undamaged then they appear to not have issues with rust.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Having had one I can say that the only redeeming feature is the fact it's 100kg lighter and the fact that there is various diesels with £30 road tax.

The driving position is shit, it's even further off to the side than the 306 and either the pedals are too close or the steering wheel too far away. They rust just as badly as 306s, they are far worse to work on anything in the engine bay and the rear lights love to take in water and rust out the electrics. Interior build quality is lower and there was less kit on them (like most have manual mirrors)

Oh, it's probably a pretty easy job to change a heater matrix on one of them.
Thanks given by:
I think you just bought a crap one dumdum lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No I've got a few friends with them so feel qualified to comment
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, I don't have lots of friends with them. So maybe I am not qualified?
What stage qualified will I need to be? Stg3?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Don't get the 1.4 like I did. I go for the older 2.0. The hatch is a little cramped, I had the SW and had more than adequate space.

It's no 306 but the handling is still pretty good. Yes the build quality is a bit pants but it's more than tolerable. There's plenty of modification options as well, some more tasteful than others of course...
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
wife has got a 206 DW10 2001 hdi pre CAN bus version, effectively wired the same as the 306 with no central BSI computer.
we have had the car for a few years now i like driving it, its like a little go-kart on rails, just don't wear your work boots in it the peddles are real close together

ours has been very good to us, very little work needed for MOT's other than servicing, droplinks and lower wishbones due to curb climbing and speedbumps

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
They are made for no-tails, /thread Big Grin I passed my test I one as it happens and thought it was alright but cramped, glad I got a 306 instead.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
0.35s in! lol

Thanks given by:
I find they're nearly as good as a 306 to drive, but the driving position is f*cking dire. Engines interestingly have a different calibration which I think is better, but I think the reduction in weight helps a lot... Reliability wise imho they're just as good/bad as a 306...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I had a 1.1 for my first car , cheapest insurance quote i got so I just bought the car.

again driving position is crap, pedals are weirdly offset and if your over a size 8 shoe you'll get your feet stuck.

If i bought another though I'd probably get the 2.0, the 1.6's have DPF's which means something else to fork out for
Thanks given by:
Bit small for me. Found my 306hdi for under 300 quid. Nearly 200 thousand on clock but still keeps going. Keep looking one will turn up 😀

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
A 206 just feels cheep and tinny compared to a 306 and if you have a shoe size 9 or above,when you press the clutch down you feel the steering u.j,and that's gets annoying.
Only 206 worth there wait is the hdi d turbo and the hdredi 1.6 110bhp but thay are well known for issues
Thanks given by:
Id say a 206 actually has a much better build quality than a 306 (had both), 306 are really poor to be honest. I remember my old 206 HDI used to sip through fuel, easy 50 mpg no question, was petty nippy too as standard, nothing like a stage 1/2/3 but was alright. Only downside I found was that the pedals were even closer together than the 306, other than that I think they are just as capable IMO, don't feel as good through the wheel handling wise though, cheaper to run though! This ones quite nice and has a FSH.... although the seller is talking bs when he says its £30 a year to tax.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-2-...SwbwlXCP5D
Seriously considering one to replace my 306 HDI eventually, just not sure when. Id say go for one, they are cheap now, D Turbo or Xsi's have really nice seats that look the same as in 306 D Turbo, built better, cheaper to tax and cheaper on fuel, like a newer 306 to be honest.
Thanks given by:
As everyone else has said tbh, too small, poor driving position, don't handle as well, but lighter and better on fuel/tax. From what i've seen in work it'll be harder to find a good one than a nice 306, probably due to the types of people that buy them and how much they respect their cars (or not as the case usually seems to be).
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(09-04-2016, 09:11 PM)MY95 Wrote: Id say a 206 actually has a much better build quality than a 306 (had both), 306 are really poor to be honest. I remember my old 206 HDI used to sip through fuel, easy 50 mpg no question, was petty nippy too as standard, nothing like a stage 1/2/3 but was alright. Only downside I found was that the pedals were even closer together than the 306, other than that I think they are just as capable IMO, don't feel as good through the wheel handling wise though, cheaper to run though! This ones quite nice and has a FSH.... although the seller is talking bs when he says its £30 a year to tax.... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-2-...SwbwlXCP5D
Seriously considering one to replace my 306 HDI eventually, just not sure when. Id say go for one, they are cheap now, D Turbo or Xsi's have really nice seats that look the same as in 306 D Turbo, built better, cheaper to tax and cheaper on fuel, like a newer 306 to be honest.
I agree with this. Had a 2001 hdi 206 before the 306, in fact I had a 307 hdi estate in between. The 206 is lighter handles well and is more refined then the 306. You don't get all the clatter and banging when driving around.
The engine is the same, although I am told the newer gearboxes are weaker. I had no trouble with mine. Having done a Cam belt on all three, they are really no worse or better than each other. The 206 is just a little more tight.

Looks wise the 306 is a clear winner. The 206 looks a bit girly.

All depends what you want from the car?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Here's a nice little 306 for ya. Might get the blonde thrown in too Wink

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto...1161384259

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 07:07 AM)Poodle Wrote: As everyone else has said tbh, too small, poor driving position, don't handle as well, but lighter and better on fuel/tax. From what i've seen in work it'll be harder to find a good one than a nice 306, probably due to the types of people that buy them and how much they respect their cars (or not as the case usually seems to be).

everything is too small for you poodle, you are like 8 foot tall!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Whilst never owning one, my son's mother had a pair of 206GTis.

Firstly, I just cannot get on with the looks of the thing. It looks like a jelly-mould to me. Secondly, driving position...Peugeot must've used a short legged-long armed freak to design the ergonomics of this car. Pedals too close together and have tiny pad-size. Oh, and they munch through wishbones with little warning when the bushes go (Suddenly you can steer with the throttle!).

Apart from that, they're a decent enough little car for the masses. Handling etc is on a par with the 306 and well equiped. Smaller engines suffer same issues as 306 (TU). GTi engine lets the car down though, slow, lacklustre and dull as dishwater (although, even a GTi6 engine is dull compared to XU9J4). But, the EW10J4 is very light, oil issues apparent in XUs have been reduced, has serious potential for playing with (read CatCams article on their fast-road cams for one!) and I'm now seriously contemplating using one in my 205.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,623 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970