136 hdi dpf

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
136 hdi dpf
I think my dpf might be part blocked will my car go into limp mode if i drill a 2 inch hole through the dpf? Also does anyne know where the egr plug is on these engines? As always id be very grateful for your replys
Thanks given by:
Try asking in a technical section of the forum for an answer. The couch is for general chat.
Informed questions generally get informed responses also.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Is there away of moving this post or should i just start a new one?
Thanks given by:
Mods will probably move it at some point soon.
I don't think you can move it yourself.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
I would suspect it will seriously dislike a 2" hole drilled in the DPF, I don't know what would happen to forced regens if you do this. If it's part blocked, take it for a good long drive and keep the revs above 2000rpm or so.

Don't unplug the EGR valve, it will throw a fault code if you do.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I may be barking up the wrong tree with the dpf tbh i drive between 400 and 600 mile a week in the car and it drives fine but for the first 20 mins of driving there is a funny vibration and sound that i would say is from the exhaust so my thinking was the dpf may be part blocked but flows better once its really hot?  Or the egr valve but tbh its just a guess
Thanks given by:
I also will only unplug the egr to see if it stops the vibration and noise the plug it back in
Thanks given by:
Is this on a 307? I have a 307 110 Hdi with dpf issues too, is your car in limp mode? Eg limited to 2500-2700 revs? If so if you unplug the MAF you should be able to give it 3k+ revs up the motorway in 4th to try clearing it out! This will throw up a fault too possibly but will likely clear once you plug in the maf again!
Thanks given by:
It is a 307 but the 136 hdi and its not in limp mode it drives fine but this strange sound vibration for the first 20 minutes or so of driving, im clutching at straws really if im honest i
Thanks given by:
Try it with the maf unplugged to see if it still does it!?!?!?
Thanks given by:
I dont see how the maf would cause what feelz like back pressure on the turbo?
Thanks given by:
If your dpf was blocked the car would be noticeably down on power and most likely throw an eml. I take it the noise is coming from the front of the car since you think it's a dpf issue..?

As you say it's only an issue for the first twenty minutes i'd be looking at items related to the warm-up cycle - glow plug relay, for example.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Its a oscillating vibration when crusing at low ish revs but when accelerating it stops it almost sounds feels like when you slow down using the gears if that makes sense

And yes poodle it comes from the front of the car
Thanks given by:
Gearbox or diff perhaps before it's warmed up?
(08-04-2016, 05:36 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: I dont see how the maf would cause what feelz like back pressure on the turbo?

I'm not saying the maf would cause this noise/ vibration! Unplugging it causes it to behave normally and cuts out certain readings going to the ecu when it's in limp thus allowing you to run a higher rev to clear the dpf thasall! Tongue
I've been running my 307 for over a year with issues and have dealt with a few bugs and found a couple of ways around issues so was just a suggestion for you to try!
Thanks given by:
Sorry if it came across rude i didnt mean to and i will by all means try it
Thanks given by:
Np Smile
Thanks given by:
What do you mean it sounds like slowing down in gear, does it make a noise while slowing down in gear then? Because it shouldn't... lol If that's the case it's probably a knackered diff, as redordead suggests.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Maybe ive explained this poorly i dont think the noise is from the gear box, im refering to if you put any car into the wrong gear when going too fast the car will make a sound untill it has slowed to the appropriate speed for the gear but initially their will be a sound from the exhuast from high revs wrong gear, ive also wondered if it could be the dmf like i said im clutching at straws
Thanks given by:
It's probably just diesel knock, mine sounds bad for the first 10 mins or so, drowns the radio out! Confused
Thanks given by:
Ok so i unplugged my egr valve to see if it made a difference and its sorted the nosie and vibration!!!! So why is it i cant leave it unplugged on my engine, i know its not advised but does anyone know why?
Thanks given by:
Does it bring up the EML or go into limp mode? If not you can leave it off, will just leave a silent fault code like on a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its driven fine for the last 20 miles
Thanks given by:
EGR plays a big role in how the DPF regenerates, unplugging it will likely cause problems with DPF regenerations in future and the engine will struggle to generate high enough temperatures to burn off soot...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2016, 12:16 AM)Ruan Wrote: EGR plays a big role in how the DPF regenerates, unplugging it will likely cause problems with DPF regenerations in future and the engine will struggle to generate high enough temperatures to burn off soot...

Yup! Don't go there if you can avoid it!

(09-04-2016, 06:25 PM)tuttyboy84 Wrote: Its driven fine for the last 20 miles

(10-04-2016, 12:37 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: [quote='Ruan' pid='582916' dateline='1460247394']
EGR plays a big role in how the DPF regenerates, unplugging it will likely cause problems with DPF regenerations in future and the engine will struggle to generate high enough temperatures to burn off soot...

Yes but it hasn't driven right for probs the last couple of thou miles so sort the issue sooner rather than later or you'll just end up scrapping it when it costs too much to fix Sad
Thanks given by:
Thanks ruan for the info about why i need the egr plugged in, good news is now i know thats the problem i can go about getting it sorted once and for all
Thanks given by:
Would fitting a blanking plate and plugging it back in be a solution?
Thanks given by:
You may still get DPF issues with a blank plate, same as unplugging it. But you'll get DPF issues anyway, they're useless. Tongue It's often a stuck EGR that blocks the DPF quicker that it can regen anyway. Confused
Thanks given by:
Will the fact i do so many miles mean it will passive regen regardless?
Thanks given by:
Probably not. But I honestly don't know on your car. I did live tests on mine and could not get it hot enough to passive regen even at 80 in 4th (yes, the noise was unbearable). The 2.0s do seem to run hotter though. Do you notice many active regens?
Thanks given by:
How do i tell if its doing a regen?
Thanks given by: