Oil extractor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil extractor
Anybody used one of these? Seems an easier way of doing an oil change

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1736610569
Thanks given by:
yeah we have a proper one at work. some cars dont have a sump plug we deal with so we have to do it this way. HOWEVER. THIS IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO DO AN OIL CHANGE SO DO IT PROPERLY
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Definitely not a good way of doing an oil change,as Bash posted - the only way of doing it properly is to get the oil as hot as poss and remove the drain plug - the hot oil then brings much of any particles/dirt etc with it.
Thanks given by:
Initial thoughts confirmed, thanks guys Smile
Thanks given by:
Changing oil is really easy anyway on these cars, any other way I imagine you'd be leaving all the sludge to accumulate in the sump Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I was just being lazy lol

Jag/LandRover V8's have an evac tube built in to the engine, so wondered if maybe it would be ok
Thanks given by:
I've used a Sealey TP69 Fluid extractor a couple of times on my 306. I'm having some issues with the sump plug possible being over tightened/seized so this was just a way of temporarily changing the oil - Naturally as said already this method will never be a replacement for a proper oil change via the sump but it was a very convenient (and clean) way of changing it. Its a pretty neat and simple device but as soon as I can loosen the plug and do it properly, the better.
Thanks given by:
That's a shame Nexus - 306's have to be about the easiest cars for regular servicing,oil + filter change can be done in 30 mins including cleaning up LOL.
I must admit I do not particularly like the air filter change on my car (dustbin housing with cr@ppy access from underneath : )) but these days I just change the air filter at MOT time !
Thanks given by:
The evac tubes on the jag v8 is designed so the tip of the extractor sits in the deepest part of the sump, which means you can suck out 99% of the crap just as well as through a sump bung, whereas the dipstick tube goes to any random point that's convenient for clearance.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 10:41 PM)Nexus Wrote: I've used a Sealey TP69 Fluid extractor a couple of times on my 306. I'm having some issues with the sump plug possible being over tightened/seized so this was just a way of temporarily changing the oil - Naturally as said already this method will never be a replacement for a proper oil change via the sump but it was a very convenient (and clean) way of changing it. Its a pretty neat and simple device but as soon as I can loosen the plug and do it properly, the better.

can I suggest getting underneath and drifting it loose with a small cold chisel & big hammer? did it once on a bike engine, then replaced the plug.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I've been using one for a while, makes oil changes easy when you've got undertrays and shit in the way.
Will probs do a 'proper' one soon, but I'm not expecting a ton of crap to come out.

The oil filter should be picking that stuff up, the hot oil circulates well enough for it to be pumped around the engine and into the filter.
Thanks given by:
I usually cut a 50mm hole in the undertray to get easy access to the drain plug Smile
On our Polo - Istr that I had to hack quite a lump from the rear of the undertray to give good access to the plug Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 10:35 AM)maxaret Wrote: I usually cut a 50mm hole in the undertray to get easy access to the drain plug Smile
On our Polo - Istr that I had to hack quite a lump from the rear of the undertray to give good access to the plug Smile

That would be a good idea if the drain plug pointed staight down Undecided
Thanks given by:
Don't remember it being difficult to do on most cars TBH,on the Polo I had to remove a sizeable lump from the rear of the undertray and it is really easy to drain now - obviously varies from car to car but there should be no reason to remove the undertray on most cars just to drain the sump.
Some cars used to have a little door/flap to gain access to the sump drain plug.
Thanks given by: