S16 won't start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S16 won't start
Hello,

I have a problem in my car and i hope you guys helped me fix it. Big Grin

I have a 306 S16, fuel doesn't get to the engine, the relay it's clicking but I don't ear the pump working.

I grabed the multimeter and i had voltage but only if the car is craking, if it's on the on possition I don't have any voltage, is that normal ?

I'll replace the fuel filter anyways, but probably a new pump ?

Thank you
Thanks given by:
When you turn the key to the second position (on) you should get voltage at the pump for about 2-4 seconds. It will then switch off. This is to prime the fuel circuit for cranking. As soon as you start cranking and the car is running there should be constant voltage there.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2016, 02:05 PM)Niall Wrote: When you turn the key to the second position (on) you should get voltage at the pump for about 2-4 seconds. It will then switch off. This is to prime the fuel circuit for cranking. As soon as you start cranking and the car is running there should be constant voltage there.

I see, i'll check again the voltage. I removed the fuel filter and it was dry not a tiny of petrol. I check on the tubbing that comes from the petrol tank and if the key is on the "on" position doens't pump any fuel but if the car is craking it pumps a little bit of fuel not fuel enough on my thought.

I'm not sure if the relay is clicking I ear a clicky noise were's the relay at ?
Thanks given by:
Pump could well be failing. They dont move a huge amount of fuel but they do so at about 4 bar i think. When they strt failing you will get all sorts of issues. My original one started giving up on my 6 and it made barely any more power than what a standard 6 should of been!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2016, 03:02 PM)Niall Wrote: Pump could well be failing. They dont move a huge amount of fuel but they do so at about 4 bar i think. When they strt failing you will get all sorts of issues. My original one started giving up on my 6 and it made barely any more power than what a standard 6 should of been!

Probably, now I just check the pump is working but is sending like: petrol-air-petrol again itsn't an even flow. I dont know if the pump cannot get to the petrol or something. I don't know if there some air in the system or what. I'll probably thinking about replacing the unit.

Apparently my pump works when you crank the car, is the only time it sends some fuel and voltage, (11v +/- on cracking and 12/13v on let off)
I don't know why, probably is because it's an older car (?)
Thanks given by:
Well,

Problem solved, it has a broken fuel pipe one made of plastic that curves to enter the engine compartment.

Thanks for your help, I will present my car to you guys when i have some decent photos.
Thanks given by:
Just seen your location... Our version of an 'S16' maybe different to yours? Smile would like to see some pics!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(02-04-2016, 09:30 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Just seen your location... Our version of an 'S16' maybe different to yours? Smile would like to see some pics!

Maybe yes, I just posted some pictures on the project page if you want to check out my car Rofl Rofl
Thanks given by: