puncture repair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
puncture repair
So just seeing peoples thoughts as I have a slow puncture on a nearly new federal rsr tyre.
is it safe to get it repaired and run track temps without risk, fine for road I know, or do I sadly just have to part with more bloody cash for a another new one.

cheers
Thanks given by:
You'll be fine I have repaired many track tyres also get them to clean the bead half the time it's that
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by: impotentials
Yah, maybe it's a puncture, but as stef mentioned losing air may be just a bead leak at the rim of the wheel. You can check for the problem at home. Get some soapy water and wet the tire and rim with it. Look for frothy bubbles. It's easiest if you take the wheel off and lay it flat on one side, check for bubbles, then it over if you didn't see any and wet that side. Also check the whole tread area for bubbles. The tire fitter will put the whole thing in a bath to look for them. When you find it, mark it with wax crayon of chalk of a dab of paint, whatever you have handy. Then take it to the tire bay. I'm an ex tire fitter and even I've had a puncture in a one day old tire! It sucks!!!

UK tire bays will be able to repair the tread area of road use tires, if I recall correctly, to around 75% or 80% of the tread width.
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by: