Cherry Red Phase 3 HDI Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cherry Red Phase 3 HDI Project
well i have ended up buying another 306 
its a phase 3 hdi cherry red 3 door

this car is going to be my new daily when the bus comes off the road
 i have a few plans for it getting it back to mint condition as it has some paint peal
and a scratched rear bumper
so going to get them painted up
new exhaust at some point 
good engine bay clean up
some half leathers 
and a stage 1 
 i have a few pics from one of the old owners 
i will get some more pic up when i get some time .

Thanks given by:
Looks nice! Bit too low for me on the rear though! Stage 2/3 plans anytime soon?
Thanks given by:
it has been lifted up on the ass end now
and na just a stage 1 i think as im going to add my gf to the insurance while she learning
Thanks given by:
Nice one, Stage 1 is nippy enough, I wouldn't be giving the keys to my car to any girlfriend of mine at any time lol
Thanks given by:
I did wonder who bought this. Pretty tidy car tbh from memory a few years back at fcs
Thanks given by:
That's beautiful! Proper tidy
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2016, 11:07 PM)Frosty Wrote: I did wonder who bought this. Pretty tidy car tbh from memory a few years back at fcs

yh i picked her up a weeks or so ago. was a tidy car when ash had it but the last owner has let it go a bit so a good mop should bring it back to life a bit.

(15-03-2016, 12:30 AM)Matt Wrote: That's beautiful! Proper tidy

cheers mate
Thanks given by:
update the new 3" stainless winn pipe is on thanks darren lobb for making me one Smile
sounds epic Smile

also the paint work was looking very sorry for it self so i did my first ever hand polish on a car today Smile

also the roof is very faded and we try a few thing to get the colour back but nothing has worked Sad
we tryed g3 with machine polisher shined it up but not brought the colour back
anyone got any ideas if not might get it rapped cheers
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate. What's the plans power wise?
Thanks given by:
Nice system!!

See you at "RS Height" - Rhys's standard height! Haha

Whats wirh the lights pal?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
just stage 1 i think as kath will prob end up driving this as well plus she told me no shiny pipes or silicone because that what make all my cars unreliable haahahah

(20-03-2016, 09:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: Nice system!!

See you at "RS Height" - Rhys's standard height! Haha

Whats wirh the lights pal?

the front end getting lifted at sompoint in time

and dont ask looks of from far away looks shit up close
there covered
in like a black mesh
Thanks given by:
bit of an update the estate bus has been written off and it is pretty f*cked. so i was using my work van as a daily,
so i found out on monday that i had to drive the family up to rugby which is a 700mile round trip so i had to spend as much time as i could in the evening getting her ready

better condition door and rear bumper was fitted
coil-overs were fitted and new top-mount bearing were fitter also THANKS dumdum for sorting them out with darren Smile
next was to sort out the rear breaks. the pads and disks were shot and also the drivers caliper so changed out the for a recon caliper
and a set of pads and disks i had.
next we swapped out the cloth seats and put in a set of dts seats.
now it was Thursday evening and i hadent even driven the car yet so i got some insurance and took her for a ragg done about a mile before the management light was on so took her back plugged in to Peugeot planet to find out the frp was shot so we swapped out for a spare that we had and it done the same again, so pulled the regulator out again and i had a load more dirt on it so opened up the filter housing and i was very clean so at this point we was very niggley knowing we needed to fix this for my trip on friday so then we swapped out the high pressure pump and another fpr we had laying around fired her up and i seemed ok so i managed to rack up 20 miles before i left on friday
it now sunday and the car has made the first 350miles great with the only problems are the tracking being very out and the wipers have a mind of there own.
so touch wood it will be ok for the trip back home
so thanks to darren and chris for helping me out the shit

also sorry for my shocking English

also sorry there is no pictures, my brick of a phone only comes with a potato camera
darren might have some
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you haven't had too much luck, hopefully that be the end of it though. The exhaust look pretty win though, think Mark showed me a video if it.

Im sure we will get down your way at some point and have a ganders over it Smile

Hope you have a good trip back home
Thanks given by:
Looking tidy that, fair play. Now the fuel system is good there's no excuse to not mod her. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well bit of an update this car is has had another pump change since the last update also another few regulators and also a set of 70k injectors fingers crossed it not going to be giving me any more codes for a while

I am also running a stage 1 map which made 117 on the dyno with a bad maf and clutch slip
Different maf and the car seems to be pulling harder again which is good

Next on the list it body work!!!!!!
f*cking laquar peel
Thanks given by:
Just a pic I took the other day I thought I would add 

Thanks given by:
Thought id update this for Rhys,

Had a few issues at MOT with rear arm play, yet another tired beam.

So went for a budget repair, new bearings, used shafts and fixings / seals.

Jacked car up, stripped beam on car to examine damage:

[Image: DSC_1200.JPG]

Bearings collapsed / dry and ruined shaft as normal:

[Image: DSC_1235.JPG]

So went ahead and dropped the beam, working outside as Dyno booked to be used:

[Image: DSC_1199.JPG]

[Image: DSC_1205.JPG]

To save money we just fitted some second hand arms with good shafts that I had in my collection, so cleaned up the tube, fitted new bearings / covered in grease and quick bit of paint:

[Image: DSC_1204.JPG]

And all re fitted ready for MOT re-test:

[Image: DSC_1209.JPG]
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Well she passed mot now Smile
Also new p bushes
New drop links
Offside balljoint
Nearside track rod end
New handbrake cables
Thanks given by:
Must feel like new again Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well its been a few weeks since pugfest but the old girl made it there and back and 2 hill runs with out issues im
Using it most days car seems to be sweet atm
Thanks given by:
Update its been a while but I have now added a fmic to the cherry but now I have megga clutch issues
I got a paddle clutch here waiting but in need of a gti flywheel if anyone has one?
Once the clutch I done we can bang on the stage 2 also toying with the idea as I got a new gt2052v kicking round strapping that on too Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2016, 01:35 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Update its been a while but I have now added a fmic to the cherry but now I have megga clutch issues
I got a paddle clutch here waiting but in need of a gti flywheel if anyone has one?
Once the clutch I done we can bang on the stage 2 also toying with the idea as I got a new gt2052v kicking round strapping that on too Smile

If you really are struggling i got a gti6 flywheel ill prob never get round to using. Ill message you over the weekend.
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2016, 01:35 PM)daniel909 Wrote: Update its been a while but I have now added a fmic to the cherry but now I have megga clutch issues

Yes!

dose of MTFU for a weekend and crack the welder out.

Though you'll do well to get darren to move his DT out of the 'shop again.
Thanks given by:

im just going to leave this here
Thanks given by:
just a few pics of the old girl now rolling on banded steels
also has had some new breaks up front

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,126 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,724 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,343 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye