Hi all - replacement driver seat?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all - replacement driver seat?
Hi everyone,
Been a very happy owner of my 306 estate for over 7 years now.
Apart from very minor niggles usual with older cars, it runs like a swiss watch. Smile

Problem I have is something snapped inside the drivers seat a while ago which has messed up the comfort completely.
It felt as though part of the seat frame gave way, so now I have no lumbar adjustment or support and need to have the seat tilted alot further forward to drive it.

Anyway, I've decided to completely replace the seat rather than mess around stripping it to see if I can fix it.
It's got an airbag in it too, so I really don't want to go anywhere near  that.
My Pug is a 2002 Meridian Estate, with half leather seats, airbags in the front ones.
Thing is they are hard to come by, so to make my search a little easier I wonder if someone could answer a couple of questions for me?

1. Would a replacement from a 3 door hatch or convertible work as a straight swap?

2. Do any other Pugs from the same period (206/307/406) have seats which can be mounted in a 306 with minimal difficulty?

3. As Pugs share a lot of other parts with citroens, do any of their models have very similar seats which can be swapped?

Any constructive advice would be very welcome,

Thanks. Smile
Thanks given by:
You need seats from a 5dr or estate - 3dr seats have different fitment rails on them unfortunately.

Only the late Meridian seats have side airbags - the earlier cars don't have them.

They're not that hard to come across though, and usually not particularly expensive when you do - I sold a complete tidyish set for £50 odd last year for example.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by: Jay66
I had this, wire had snapped on the lumbar adjuster. My fix was quick and easy....

You'll notice the back panel is kind of loose? You can slip your hand behind, I just pushed a 1 inch thick square of sponge behind the seat panel, so no adjustment, but just a permanently perfect stiff lumbar support, job done.
Thanks given by: Jay66
(10-03-2016, 02:37 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: I had this, wire had snapped on the lumbar adjuster. My fix was quick and easy....

You'll notice the back panel is kind of loose? You can slip your hand behind, I just pushed a 1 inch thick square of sponge behind the seat panel, so no adjustment, but just a permanently perfect stiff lumbar support, job done.
Nice call tigerstyle.
Turns out I had something suitable in the shed, just cut it to size and pushed it in.
Seat's much better now, thanks for the advice.

Saved me a few quid there. Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi I am about to break a pug 306 5dr full interior will be availble fabric seats front and back if your interested send me a message its in county durham
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: