306 1.6 Idle Air Control Stepper Motor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 1.6 Idle Air Control Stepper Motor
Hello!

I am looking for a bit of help.  My IAC stepper motor is on the way out and I need a replacement.  The OE part I got quoted by my local Peugeot garage was in excess of £120 (not including fitting!) which is way too much, so I resorted to looking at Ebay.  Found one, got it sent, fitted it, and it revved straight to 4k and stayed there.  On closer inspection it looked different to the one I had taken off my car, in that the shaft is thicker and fatter and so is the tip (!).  I had checked the part number on mine, and it is a Magnetti Marelli, the numbers on it are M1080L, B31/00.  I bought the new part from RTG Automotive/ UK Sparesonline, who assured me that they had sent me the correct one.  I dont think they have, but because they only put the part number on the box I think what has happened is that the wrong valve has ended up in the wrong box.  The part number on the box is 19206Q/1920V7.  There is, unfortunately, no part number on the part itself.  What I want to know is, can someone please tell me what the correct part number should be for my IAC?  I am going through Ebay trying to find one but I am now confusing myself.  This has been going on for over a week now and I am not getting any help from the people I bought the replacement from.  Interestingly, they had a look at the picture I sent, and said it looked different to the one I had taken off my car, but were insistent it was the correct one they had sent.  Which just doesnt make sense.  Any help gratefully received!  Thanks.
Thanks given by:
yeah sounds like they've sent the wrong one, or one that is 'compatible'

i've found that the o-rings can vary in size, and get one that's too small/thin, it'll leak and revv like it has in your case,
unfortunately in these things, you do get what you pay for, i got a genuine one for £60 on my PH1 engine, after i got 2 pattern parts, needless to say which one worked properly

you could try to find a slightly fatter o-ring, or just get it sorted and sent back..
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that! I will have a look at the o-ring as well then. The spindle and the head look thinner and smaller on the one they sent, than the one I currently have on my car. Where did you get the genuine one for £60 from? The cheapest I have been able to find is a Magnetti Marelli part at nearly £80.

They gave me a full refund but wont help out any more, even though the "manager" was apparently shown a picture of both parts and said the one they sent definitely looked different but it is the proper one. Infuriating. As to my local Peugeot garage quoting £120, that is just ludicrous!
Thanks given by:
got mine off ebay, old stock ones do come up now and then,
Thanks given by:
Do they? I need mine asap as this has been going on for a while now! All the suppliers on Ebay (and there are about 4 or 5), are all sister companies under different names. I was going to go to a Pug breakers but something like this I would want a new one rather than a second hand part. I will keep looking! :-)
Thanks given by:
yeah, if you need it soon though it'd be best to either just buy another pattern one and hope for the best, or get a different o-ring (a second hand one would need a new one anyway)
Thanks given by: Phoenix36
I will have another look tomorrow. It all starts to look the same after you have been looking for a couple of hours! Will defo double check the O-ring on it as well. For something so small, this has been bloody tedious! LOL!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star 2000 306 Cabriolet 1.6 Petrol Idle Control Valve aspprv2 0 1,283 14-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Last Post: aspprv2