help the newbie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help the newbie
Hi guys i want help with several things im a newbie in psa models and tuning so i ask because you know a lot of stuff.
. I have a 306 1.6 8v 96 model xs version with nfz engine 89ps with head gasket off likely the radiator sensor was off and  and the leak from the head classic tu5 problem and mayonese is ready....so i wonder if i can swap something with the same money close enough with better solution like other engine and stuff.
I search many things and read but im confused so i want help.
I know swap engines with 1.6 8v rallye or 16v choises with 106 rallye or 206 engine or some parts from that or 1.3 rallye with or without the electric loom etc.
question 1. Can i put another engine that i mention with my electrics or not? 
Question 2. i need the motor only or i need other stuff like transmition,exaust,etc?
Question 3. how can i learn what electric i wear? (Bosh or marreli or siemens)
Thats my serious problems sorry  for the long post .
Thanks given by:
Hi manousos,

physically, any of the TU engine range will bolt in, using the engine mounts that you already have on your 1.6, the gearbox will fit, and the 8 valve engines share the exhaust manifold pattern so this is also interchangeable (except for the 16v which needs work on the top engine mount and exhaust to make it fit)
the 1.3 rallye engine is a nice little one to have, i've not seen it in any 306's, i'm not sure how it would cope with the extra weight, it would need the full 1.3 wiring loom as well,

the 1.6 rallye engine is basically identical to the one you have bar the engine map, cam and a slightly different inlet, it may be possible to just change the head and the Ecu over and it work, however i havn't looked at the pinouts for the wiring closely to know for sure,

so,
question1 - possibly the 206 1.6 engine, 1.6 rallye/saxo VTR engine will fit no problem with your wiring loom (but you would need the ecu)
2 - the exhaust and mounts will be fine unless you want a 16v (see darren lobb's project daily post for details)
3 - the only way to know which you have is to open the ecu case and get the plastic off and see, it's probably a magnetti iirc,

hope this is helpful Smile
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Yeah man thanks a lot a last question the 8v rallye is woth the cost on 306 or i go for the 16v ?
Full swap engine etc for the 8v here is 350euros
the 16v is up 450-500euros my cost to fix mine is 300euros only for parts without the mechanic(another 150euros)cost the same to swap engine as well. But without service engine for swap motor.is 105 ps from 8v worth or tune mine with the same ps like head,etc
Thanks given by:
best to go for the 16v then if you want more power and are determined to keep the TU engine, the 8v can be turbocharged, but the 16v comes with 120 as standard and i've seen some good results by tuning those
Thanks given by:
Yeah 16v is better but is more than 600euros to put in without electrician and service,thats why i thunk about the 8v with 105 ps with 50e more euros than fix mine poor 8v swap 300e max and 150e the mechanic if only need the ecu and motor im confused,what about fuel mpg for the 8v rallye
Thanks given by:
the 1.6 rallye engine is the same as yours with a slightly different head on it, and a different map, it's the same as a saxo VTR engine, so there may be a slight improvement, but not a lot, the wiring should be the same, but you'll have to check as i'm not sure on all the pin outs etc, but you would need the ecu, the MPG won't suffer very much if at all
Thanks given by: