Newbie after a DTurbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie after a DTurbo
Hi all,

Im on the hunt for a DTurbo so i thought id join up for some advice and to browse the for sale ads

I've been a member of various car forums for a few years now, im a ford guy at heart but im after a cheap DTurbo to run to work and back and maybe have a little smoky bosch fuel pump fun with.

Anything i should be looking out for when i view one? have no experience what so ever with pugs.

Should be viewing a phase 1 xud engine 306 next week with 130k on the clock, anything in particular to look for apart from the obvious

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Check the coolant is clean, check the rear wheel/s aren't leaning in and fouling the arch (not end of the world, beam swap not too bad) check for rust in nearside rear wheel arch, other than that they shouldn't rust, if it's rusty anywhere else, walk away, only reason they rust in back arch is they didn't fit an arch liner on phase 1 there, good luck Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
The  good sign of that rust is a wet boot.   If there is water inside the back it's bad news. Don't be afraid to lift the  matting and see.  If it's been dried out you will still see the signs of it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie 306 dturbo Danmoy90 0 1,204 06-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Danmoy90
  Newbie with a 1995 ph1 Dturbo zack 4 2,023 02-10-2018, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
Smile Newbie with Dturbo Bulldog27 5 1,658 31-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye