Car broken into: advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car broken into: advice
Car was parked in my apartments locked garage, rear window was smashed in, headunit and sub+amps stolen, all old kit not worth loads -but still mine! Few work tools stolen, and a few rolls of cheap cable stolen. 

But what do I do now? I've phoned 101, got my reference number, they say that no one will come out as there is no blood, just to clean it up and get it fixed -ok.
But worth going through insurance? I've never claimed before, Don't need to claim as it's a window I can fix myself. 
Think that if I claim now it only ends up worse come renewal time? Is that right? I don't have receipts for the audio, but can prove £150ish of tools gone, if  I show receipts going back 2-3 years, still valid right? 

eurgh....  Angry
Thanks given by:
Car insurance won't cover tools.

If you've got window cover that'll be cheaper than replacing it yourself, but does count as a claim for next year, I didn't realise that until this month!
Thanks given by:
I got full set of 5dr windows if you need
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, scrapyard ftw it seems.
Shame about the tools, odds and ends mostly, but worth a few quid.
Thanks given by:
I can sort you one if needs matey, can send it next day?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm slightly away with work for the week, then it's MOT runs out at the end of the week too!
So might hire a car through work for the week, get it fixed next weekend, then MOT booked early next week.

It'll be neglected now for a maybe, poor thing locked up in another garage

Will PM you about the window Smile
Thanks given by:
Not worth claiming, never touch insurance if you can avoid it because they'll just use it to fist you for the next 5 years. It's shit, but suck it up and drash on, happened to me a couple of times.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Which rear window was it? I read it as the one in the tailgate, not sure you can salvage one of them due to bonding in?

If its a side window then yeah easy to replace and probably free, I've ended up binning quite a few.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't go through the insurance for that, many don't cover audio gear so it's just replacing the window which is probably less than your excess.
Thanks given by:
Never go through your insurance for anything. Ever
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 10:53 AM)Orta Wrote: Never go through your insurance for anything. Ever

This insurance is a bastard thing. Only use if you absolutely have no other choice.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
thanks for the advice all!
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't go through insurance as said, if the deal with Piggy falls through I also have a rear passenger window.
Thanks given by: