Doing motorbike test...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doing motorbike test...
will also make you appreciate road conditions better.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 08:50 PM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 08:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: Add to that... Frozen finger tips as standard, a fly in your eye and a bee in your helmet

hah, nearly mentioned the ole bee in the helmet - deffo an experience. if you can survive that and come to a controlled stop to sort out then you're onto a winner

been there with a wasp...  never got undressed at the side of the road so fast.!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Good man!

My little baby..
[Image: image_zps99ywenak.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Good to hear how you doing on test Suzuki gs500 good reliable bike only 1 thing to watch for is the frame like the bandit there bad for roosting. I was brought up with bikes my thirst love. I started with kemico zing 125 from my grandad retired from biking at 80 I had that for 2 years pasted old type test and got myself Suzuki sv650s had that for 4 years got rot off by head on collision with a never bike. So I whated 2 years for big insurance payout and got my self this January brand new aprilia 1100 turno factory not bad for 27 year old. Please keep us updated with your progress [Image: 1c0837a7f8b10d457988eab8f1e194e8.jpg][Image: 099337caa9e944736cfde942dd0abdf9.jpg]

What bike you ride isn't that portent it's your gear you were. you don't need to send lots of money. It's quality that's important you can't put a price on your head. My sidi boots saved my foot broke my ankle but if I hadn't no boots on I'd loose my foot
Thanks given by:
Well I'm a step closer, passed my theory today (with zero revision).

Got 46/50 on the multiple guess and 57/75 on the hazard perception. I got maximum 5 points on more than half but a bit pissed off that I scored zero on one as I obviously saw and clicked before the computer acknowledged there was a hazard.

The multiple choice bit I know most of what I went wrong on.
The case study bit they have added to it is horrific. Paraphrased "you filter past some queuing traffic at traffic lights and continue straight on when the lights turn green, you then turn right at the Y junction, go through a tunnel and then turn right at a roundabout" Question "how do you position your bike at the junction?" ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH WHICH OF THE 3 f*cking JUNCTIONS IN YOUR f*cking DAFT f*cking BADLY WRITTEN f*cking STORY DO YOU f*cking MEAN YOU f*cking CNUTBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also what the f*ck is a "Y" junction?!?! We didn't have "Y" junctions when I learnt to drive so how am I supposed to answer questions on that.
Thanks given by:
Chris Im kinda thinking we've probably had "Y junctions since the Romans brought them here Tongue
Thanks given by:
Been riding mine around the car park at work, after the initial "oh f*ck that's a heavy machine" I'm finding it fairly easy to ride.. Now to get the mot done and then sort my license out!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Congratts dum 2 down 2 to goSmile
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2016, 11:41 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Been riding mine around the car park at work, after the initial "oh f*ck that's a heavy machine" I'm finding it fairly easy to ride.. Now to get the mot done and then sort my license out!

there will be a point.. usually in front of traffic,  that you will put your foot down expecting nice hard solid ground and there will be nothing and despite your prayers and best intentions, over the space of what feels like about 2 hours, that bike will go over.. painfully..

very little damage if any to bike,  pride in tatters and loads of disapproving motorists watching you as the light turns from red to green and back again and you are trying to heave the bike back on its wheels..
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Bikes weigh 10x what you think they do when moving slow, stationary or as you arrive in front of all your mates lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Passed my CBT yesterday on a wee honda CG125 lol

Step 1 done! Theory test booked for the 22nd and i have been consistently getting 100% on the mock tests Smile so hopefully i can put that practice to good use and pass that then start my big bike lessons!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
wahay, big bikes feel much better to ride - easier to manoeuvre if anything, you'll enjoy it
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2016, 08:48 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: wahay, big bikes feel much better to ride - easier to manoeuvre if anything, you'll enjoy it

I honestly cannot wait! Big Grin Yeah i figured its like trailers, the bigger they are, the easier they are Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2016, 01:28 PM)toseland Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 11:41 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Been riding mine around the car park at work, after the initial "oh f*ck that's a heavy machine" I'm finding it fairly easy to ride.. Now to get the mot done and then sort my license out!

there will be a point.. usually in front of traffic,  that you will put your foot down expecting nice hard solid ground and there will be nothing and despite your prayers and best intentions, over the space of what feels like about 2 hours, that bike will go over.. painfully..

very little damage if any to bike,  pride in tatters and loads of disapproving motorists watching you as the light turns from red to green and back again and you are trying to heave the bike back on its wheels..
I'm fully prepared for that, I expect to drop it. I think I'd be stupid to think I'll be fine straight away.. It is so easy to maneuver though, been riding it around the ramps at work without any fuss. And I can just about pick it up on my own. Just. lol

Thanks given by:
(18-03-2016, 01:04 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 01:28 PM)toseland Wrote:

I'm fully prepared for that, I expect to drop it. I think I'd be stupid to think I'll be fine straight away.. It is so easy to maneuver though, been riding it around the ramps at work without any fuss. And I can just about pick it up on my own. Just. lol

What bike have you got jonny? Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
He got a bmw gs.

GS meaning gravity special... Coz it feels like theres more gravity than usual when it starts to go over
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
what makes me chuckle is he has found one of, if not the, tallest bike around =D
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Haha literally a GS would be correctly sized for me!

Is the bike leaning if you have a foot on the floor, Jonny?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
lmao
Thanks given by:
(21-03-2016, 10:13 AM)Ruan Wrote: Haha literally a GS would be correctly sized for me!

Is the bike leaning if you have a foot on the floor, Jonny?

Yeah, but not as much as you'd expect..

Thanks given by:
Is with with your lowered seat?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I took a couple of inches off it

Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Just been for my theory..

Passed! Big Grin another step closer!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Good work lad. What did you get?
Thanks given by:
45 out of 50 on multiple choice and 60 out of 75 on hazard perception mate Smile really really chuffed! going to strike while the irons hot and get the bike lessons booked
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
That's a pretty fair mark, did you revise much?
Thanks given by:
Yeah did quite a few mock exams and looked at the revised highway code as obviously a lots changed in the years since i passed my test but tbh i learnt more on the CBT Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  motorbike tax cost!?! Piggy 26 3,270 23-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: toseland
  a lotus... motorbike... toseland 11 1,804 11-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Last Post: toseland