Hi all, Been lurking for a while

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all, Been lurking for a while
Hi all!

Thought I'd join and say hello, I've been reading over the forums for a couple of years on and off whenever I need to read up advice on 306's. Didn't actually realise there was a newbies section so here I am! Smile Bought a Phase 3 306 Meridian Estate (1.6 TU Auto) about four years back and considering how reliable its been for the most part, I've made sure to keep it in good nick.

Its a 1.6 Auto with:
Meridian half leather interior
Omp Upper Brace
Green Air Filter
Iridium spark plugs
Braided Brake Lines
Stainless Steel Cat-Back
Painted Calipers
Limo tints (B pillar back)
195/50 R15 Pilot 3's.
Working Air-con!
Oil change every 5k, I only drive about 8k a year.

I've just recently put the black refurbed cyclones on as I'm looking to get the original silver colored cyclones refurbed too. And now for everyone's favorite part, the photos!

Hope you like and look forward to hopefully posting on here a bit more.

Nex
Thanks given by:
Wow that looks tidy!

Needs the top of the rear lights blacked!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome, not sure how many auto owners we have, you could be the one and only lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(29-02-2016, 09:31 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Hi and welcome, not sure how many auto owners we have, you could be the one and only lol

Thanks! I don't think I'm alone, surprisingly - It was pretty much when I saw one or two other people here mention autos that I decided to join. Generally when you think 306, its usually a diesel or Gti etc. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty tidy? Does it pull atall with that engine haha, I always found it underpowered in the hatch
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(29-02-2016, 11:53 AM)Nexus Wrote:
(29-02-2016, 09:31 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Hi and welcome, not sure how many auto owners we have, you could be the one and only lol

Thanks! I don't think I'm alone, surprisingly - It was pretty much when I saw one or two other people here mention autos that I decided to join. Generally when you think 306, its usually a diesel or Gti etc. Tongue

my first 306 was a 1.6, manual though, i had a lot of fun in that car . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ph3 1.6 has more power than a diesel... Wink

No torque though tbf lol.
Thanks given by:
your focus has no torque because of the DPF screwing up and putting the car into limp d... home mode..

that 306 however looks extremely tidy, (puts mine to shame)..

306 is a 306, however.. welcome to the forum.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Not sure what my Focus has to do with anything? Also the DPF never put it into limp mode, that was the glow plugs...once in 18 months... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all the replies, to be frank I've never owned a 'fast car' although I have owned a few 600cc bikes in the past so that kinda makes up for it Wink

This was mostly bought for comfort and I was moving house at the time, I didn't really intend on even buying one really, but I'm glad I did, its my first french car. I think after having it for a couple of years, I just felt like sprucing it up a bit. So many sheds out there. It may be under powered in the grand scheme of things but it is what it is and I'm happy with it. Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-02-2016, 12:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ph3 1.6 has more power than a diesel... Wink

not after 10 minutes with the spanners it doesn't lol, not by a long way Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Welcome!
Where abouts do you live? That petrol station you have taken them pics in is a 30 second walk from my house!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Indeed a tidy Estate! Super clean-looking engine bay, mine was a right mess when looking at this.
Thanks given by:
(29-02-2016, 06:24 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome!
Where abouts do you live? That petrol station you have taken them pics in is a 30 second walk from my house!

That'll be the BP Station on the Kingston Road / Organ Crossroad. I usually frequent the place for the car wash, live within the area give or take!
Thanks given by:
Yep I recognise the old offices opposite. Gutted the Organ and Dragon is gone now. Was a lovely little pub.
I live in Ewell so not far from there at all
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I like the fact these get a proper battery box, looks a lot better than the hdi bays
Thanks given by:
Nice estate mate Smile I'm a fan of the tu too! Not a bad little engine in most chassis!
Auto box ive not tried but s a go do it car can't be much easier than an auto ph3 estate Smile
Must do about 28-30 on a good day but easy miles and miles and miles in air con lux!
Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-02-2016, 03:46 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(29-02-2016, 12:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ph3 1.6 has more power than a diesel... Wink

not after 10 minutes with the spanners it doesn't lol, not by a long way Big Grin

Or 2 minutes with a laptop without even getting dirty... Wink But not everyone has the knowledge to do either of those, amazes me how many standard XUDs and HDi's there are even now when it seems so easy to stage 1 for us. Smile
Thanks given by:
Just been driving next to you on the A240. Thought I recognised the Reg number. This is a bloody clean car!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(31-03-2016, 04:50 PM)Niall Wrote: Just been driving next to you on the A240. Thought I recognised the Reg number. This is a bloody clean car!

Thanks for the compliment! Lol. I detailed it recently so I'm trying hard to keep it as clean as I can. I still have a few things planned for it - I'm currently hard wiring in a dashcam at the moment and I have the original silver Cyclones on the side that I'd like to get refurbed. Should really have taken some more photos along the way but I wasn't joined at the time!

I'm going to grab a photo of the undercarriage soon as I've stuck on a new steel wheel, wire brushed and Hammerite'd the wheel carrier and when the S.Steel exhaust was fitted I managed to get a hold of a brand new exhaust heat shield which really does compliment the whole thing.
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome! car certainly looks incredibly well cared for Smile

Be careful living close too Niall though.. he has been known to stalk other members and his intentions are usually sexual
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Haha Matt repped lol
Thanks given by: