TD 04 - 11G on XUD9 - isnt it small?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TD 04 - 11G on XUD9 - isnt it small?
Hi, I just bought a TD04 from BMW 525TDS for my XUD9 build. BUT I just found that it is TD04-11G and many of you runs TD04-13 (from Subau etc.) so i am litle bit dissapointed of what i bought Sad The question is if someone runs the TD04-11 and how it runs??? Or if there is soo big difference between TD04-11 and TD04-13,15 etc... But I think that it will be still much more better than my KKK K14 at 1,5 bar isnt it? 

I will run 11mm BOSCH pump with GOV mod, LDA mod, maybe some advance timing mods, HDI rods and organic clutch, and i want to achieve something around 150 - 170 hp. Is it possible with TD04-11? Or I should give up, and start to finding something bigger?

Thank you for any reply!! Smile

(Sorry if my english isnt so good, I am not a native speaker)
Thanks given by:
I run a td04 11g, its on my 525 tds Big Grin

its opposite orientation to most td04 castings, also has bmw specific flange.

with a chip and decat on standard vp37 pump its said to run 175-180 bhp, not sure if turbo or pump or injectors are the limiting factors, it has a decent front mount intercooler on the TDS which is 143 bhp stock, the TD has no cooler and rubs 115 bhp.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I am curios how the BMW flange will fit my XUD9 Big Grin But I know that it will need some metal sheet cuting, welding etc. , no problem at all... 180 hp is nice, but it is on 2,5L, and I have 1,9 L Big Grin Big Grin But I have heavy moded pump and will run some big amount of air pressure... Maybe it will be good enough.... My KKK K14 (standart on XUD9) make something around 120 hp, so I think that TD04 - 11G will make more hp anyway...

My clutch starts to slipping and I need to fit new Bosch pump (11mm head), and Iwant new turbo, so I decided that it is better to build new engine Big Grin (have 2 stock engines in my garage)
Thanks given by:
If you can make it fit it will make more power than the KKK, but for the sake of £50-100 finding a TD04-13 would be my advice. The power you want will be achievable with the 11 though.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I bought it with no knowledge, so i dont know that there is TD04 - 11,13,15 etc.  Can you tell me some examples of cars where TD04 - 13 is fitted? I know only the Subaru, but even on Subaru i dont know on which model...
Thanks given by:
The TD04L-13t came on the bug eye subaru imprezas and foresters & also in some saabs and volvos but im unsure on the models.
have a look at this, this compares all TD04 turbo vatiants alsog with some others too 

http://www.stealth316.com/2-turboguide.htm#c
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
For the sake of £50-100....

Buy a decent turbo from this century
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it's not in the right orientation it won't fit down the back, something to bear in mind...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Now it is pointless, because the turbo arrived to me, and have a big shaftplay Sad I asked the seller twice if it haven´t any shaft play...Realy bad surprise for me. Sad So it is a crap, I try to sell it for a budget, take more money, and look for some GT20xx as i wanted before...
Thanks given by: