Logbook question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logbook question
What I'm wanting to know is can any one fill in the traders section of the logbook or do you have to be registered with the dvla as a trader? 

Reason im asking is im looking at buying a car to fix up and sell on should be a quick simple fix so want quick turn around, dont wanna be waiting for log book to come back.

Thanks given by:
You're supposed to be a trader but I've seen people just fill it in with their name before.

If you do it online you get a new V5 in a few days though, done it a few times now.
Thanks given by:
Depends, what will be your answer if/when they question your business and start digging into profits, tax avoidance, previous vehicle change history etc?
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2016, 10:45 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Depends, what will be your answer if/when they question your business and start digging into profits, tax avoidance, previous vehicle change history etc?

"First one I've done. Unfortunately made no money on it. Used car trade eyy!"
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure that guy with the Garros 206 (another Chris possibly?) has said he buys tonnes of cars and has never been questioned on it?
Thanks given by:
I've done it before on a car i bought that has leather seats i wanted. Just put any random name and address on it. I only drove it home, didn't use it daily. The new owner will never see what you put on the traders section. If police stop you, that'll take some explaining
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taxing car without logbook. bashbarnard 11 1,822 07-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  V5 Logbook Issues Toms306 14 2,044 26-08-2015, 12:41 AM
Last Post: swampy
  Taxing car with no reminder or logbook HDIkyle 15 2,225 04-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Last Post: aggyj17