Steering Wheel, Clock Spring, Wiper/Indicator Stalk and Check Strap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steering Wheel, Clock Spring, Wiper/Indicator Stalk and Check Strap
Evening all,

Finally annoyed enough at the various niggles with my car to actually do something about them!

1. My indicators don't self cancel since I switched from my ZX wheels to a standard 4 spoke jobbie, assume the little bit of plastic has snapped off, so I need another steering wheel. Just want the cheapest available, not particularly bothered about condition. If it's a 4-spoke I'll have it without the airbag, and therefore it can be posted, otherwise I'll have to collect it with the airbag.

2. Steering wheel airbag clock spring. I've lost mine, and as such have a multitude or airbag lights on my dash. Got through MOT last year, but fancy taking 1 last attempt at fixing it before this years MOT, otherwise the timer circuit is going back in!

3. My wipers and indicators both have intermittent problems which seem to be exacerbated when it's cold. I suspect the wiper motor needs work, but might as well swap the wiper/indicator stalk just in case that fixes it. It's for a phase 3, but for that matter if anyone has a phase 3 front wiper motor I'll take that too.

4. Finally, my drivers check strap is properly f*cked. The bracket that bolts to the body is broken, so need the bracket and the pin, if they can be replaced separately, if not I need the whole job. Could do with replacing all 4, tbh. For a 5-door phase 3.

To clarify, all parts are for a phase 3 5-door. All need to be either close to South Birmingham, or priced with postage included.

Thanks chaps,
Kez
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Got 1 and 2 on your list

1 is a 3 spoke gti6 sterring wheel with phase 3 airbag,happy to post if you wanted
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2016, 09:06 PM)roland rat Wrote: Got 1 and 2 on your list

1 is a 3 spoke gti6 sterring wheel with phase 3 airbag,happy to post if you wanted

Where Are you based mate? Isn't posting airbags quite illegal? 
Thanks given by:
Based in Swansea but will be going to Oxford shortly I think.

Yeah it's frowned upon but I've know people whom has posted them before
Thanks given by:
I've got spare 306 indicator and wiper stalks from a 2000/X Phase 3 model in good working order.

£15 delivered for the pair sound reasonable?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Check straps are reasonably priced new to let you know as well. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2016, 09:58 PM)roland rat Wrote: Based in Swansea but will be going to Oxford shortly I think.

Yeah it's frowned upon but I've know people whom has posted them before

Okay, well I'll see if I can get one which doesn't involve such questionable activities, but if not I'll let you know!

(18-02-2016, 01:04 PM)powerandtorque Wrote: I've got spare 306 indicator and wiper stalks from a 2000/X Phase 3 model in good working order.

£15 delivered for the pair sound reasonable?

I may only need the indicator one, actually, is the wiper one for rain sensing wipers?

(18-02-2016, 04:54 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Check straps are reasonably priced new to let you know as well. Smile

From actual Peugeot, or elsewhere?
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2016, 11:17 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: I may only need the indicator one, actually, is the wiper one for rain sensing wipers?

Yes its the "auto" type wiper stalk for the rain sensing wipers.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone got a steering wheel? gti6man 0 1,002 01-05-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: gti6man
  steering wheel refurbs Magenta Sunset 1 1,570 12-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Wanted: clock spring, rotary switch bashbarnard 8 1,807 24-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard