Removing dash

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing dash
I want to take the dash out as I want to re locate the immobiliser & radio and I want to change a few other little bits around in my Phase 1.

Got the bottom piece where the hazard switch etc is but am unsure of where the rest of the fixings are.

Anybody removed this before ?

Don't want to break anything and I can't find any guides on it so I thought it'd be better just to put up a thread
Thanks given by:
There are sum outside under the plastic wipper panel 10mm if I remeber right lol and then a few more inside hope this help man :-)
Thanks given by:
Look for a heater matrix guide, should show dash bolt locations.
Thanks given by:
I don't think you want to remove the dash, there's two 10mm nuts inside when u take the radio out.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yeah sorry I should have been more specific I don't want to remove the whole lot just want to take that centre bit where the radio and heater controls are apart.
Thanks given by:

Took a photo of the section in question that I want to remove. I got a look behind where the radio mounts on the right hand side and there was what looked like a clip. Am I right in presuming there's one on the other side ? Want to get this out without breaking anything lol
Thanks given by:
That radio just pushes out from behind iirc

That reveals a couple 8mm headed nuts

Then that panel comes off
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 08:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: That radio just pushes out from behind iirc

That reveals a couple 8mm headed nuts

Then that panel comes off

I'll give that a try, Don't mind what happens to the radio as I'm not keeping it and it needs to be decoded so I now a paperweight so I think I'll just be more forceful with it lol. Cheers dude I'll try that tomorrow evening ?
Thanks given by:
no that radio needs 2 thin knife like objects inserted about a quarter way in each side at the bottom to release it . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 08:48 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: no that radio needs 2 thin knife like objects inserted about a quarter way in each side at the bottom to release it . . .Smile
That's what I figured at first so I found the two little slots and decided to just bodge it with a flathead screwdriver and that released it out as far as it is. Probably needs more releasing I'm too used to bmw's, could have an E46 dash apart and back in no time lol. 306's are more interesting though tbh anyway ill try release it further thanks for that dude
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2016, 09:04 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 08:48 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: no that radio needs 2 thin knife like objects inserted about a quarter way in each side at the bottom to release it . . .Smile
That's what I figured at first so I found the two little slots and decided to just bodge it with a flathead screwdriver and that released it out as far as it is. Probably needs more releasing I'm too used to bmw's, could have an E46 dash apart and back in no time lol. 306's are more interesting though tbh anyway ill try release it further thanks for that dude

no worries fella, take some getting out if you don't know . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Thats odd...

I thought I typed that about the slots ...odd... I still find once "slotted" they need pushing from behind sometimes
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't need pushing with a tape deck, can just put a finger in there and pull instead. Though it can break the LCD screen if you go too mad with it lol.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2016, 09:02 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Shouldn't need pushing with a tape deck, can just put a finger in there and pull instead.  Though it can break the LCD screen if you go too mad with it lol.
Yeah I was sitting there looking at it contemplating that but I didn't want to break it lol. Done accounting exam today so I'm off now for a break so I have some time to put into this. Coming into more money next week as its my 21'st next thursday so I'll be putting up a project thread with some actual progress rather then wrecking all of your heads for advice Rofl

The advice you've all given me is very much appreciated by the way thanks all ?
Thanks given by: