Project 6 cylinder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project 6 cylinder
Soo soon I should hopefully picking up 2 bmw e30's for a very very good price they are both 2.5's and have been sitting for 10 years ?. My plan is to make one good one from both of them and restore it back to its former glory. Anyone on here clued up on beemers and can give advice on things to look out for?

Thanks given by:
How do you manage it lol.

Is this the place on the a17 roundabout that had the statics go up in flames a couple months back?
Thanks given by:
No no. That place is only a couple of miles away from me though. Im not giving the location away till I have possession of them both [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]
Thanks given by:
Ah I see, I occasionally work out that way.. I must literally live 25 mins from you lol.

Don't worry I have no room for any projects! Just looks like one of the statics for sale places on the a17 in the pics Smile

Decent project.. Il be keeping an eye on it!
Thanks given by:
I'm in Gedney between long sutton and Holbeach and go past that place every day, I did hear a rumor that it was an insurance job but who knows.

Not sure what's going to happen to the 205 now though 😛
Thanks given by:
Look for rot in the rear arches and boot floor other than that they are solidly built
Thanks given by:
That's good to know. I have heard that they can rot in the sunroof area. I really hope they haven't. Going to have a good look at them tomorrow so we shall see
Thanks given by:

So went and see them up close today and agreed on a price, hes now finding out the v5's and keys for them and then I can take them away. The silver one looks pretty good and straight so think that's the one to restore 😀
Thanks given by:
ah but blank e30s are cool! The guy who i had my 1.8 off now has an e30 with a turbo m5 lump in it.
Thanks given by:
Yes black e30's are awesome. I will see what it's like inside the boot when I get the keys and see what damage has been done.
Thanks given by:
Damn want a old skool bmw for skids now Sad

Good luck and hope there not much rot.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I hope so to. The silver one needs 2 rear arches but need to have a look underneath and see what's what lol
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2016, 09:38 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Not sure what's going to happen to the 205 now though ?

Get it finished and use it to go buy tyres for the beemerz Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2016, 08:02 PM)Uberderv Wrote:
(28-01-2016, 09:38 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Not sure what's going to happen to the 205 now though ?

Get it finished and use it to go buy tyres for the beemerz Smile
Haha that could buy loads of tyres lol. I think I'm going to rebuild this as OEM as I can it's not going to be a drifter lol.
Thanks given by:

Just got them back. They both have pretty much mint interiors and no mould even though they have been sitting there 10 years. The black one has a full scorpion exhaust system aswell which is worth the £50 I paid for both cars 😀😀
Thanks given by:
Do either run?
Thanks given by:
The black one apparently does I'll stick a battery on them tomorrow and see
Thanks given by:
Serious steal these two for £50 :O I'll be following this thread closely, E30's are my favourite car by far since I was a kid.

My Mum had a mint 318is when I was 4 for a few years, loved that car and was quite upset at the parents for selling it lol.

I've been looking at E90 320d's as I need a new daily (306 is gonna be a weekender) and I've been distracted by E30's. There's a mint red 318is for sale not far from me for just under €6,000 might grab it. Girlfriend thinks I should get an E90 or an E60 she doesn't get E30's but sure she'll have to deal with it i'll take her for a rip and she'll soon understand lol
Thanks given by:
£50 is an absolute bargain given the prices that E30 325's are going for now!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Yes definitely a bargain I couldn't say no could I lol
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2016, 09:55 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: £50 is an absolute bargain given the prices that E30 325's are going for now!

It's daylight robbery! 

Check bottom of A pillars too, tend to rot in the corners of the scuttle panel. 

Good luck with them (seriously jealous!).
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by:
Haha the silver one is pretty good. Needs 2 rear arches, bit above the rear lights and a rear valance. Apart from that it's pretty dam good tbh. Now cleaning the silver one I'll get some pics up when I've finished 😀😀
Thanks given by:
After a quick jetwash.

Thanks given by:
Damnnnnnnn you could probably stick them on eBay for 99p no reserve and make a quick £1500 if you wanted...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2016, 11:47 AM)silverzx Wrote: Damnnnnnnn you could probably stick them on eBay for 99p no reserve and make a quick £1500 if you wanted...
I really want to keep the silver one. Think I'm going to sell the black one and use the money to get the silver one.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2016, 11:49 AM)aggyj17 Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 11:47 AM)silverzx Wrote: Damnnnnnnn you could probably stick them on eBay for 99p no reserve and make a quick £1500 if you wanted...
I really want to keep the silver one. Think I'm going to sell the black one and use the money to get the silver one.

Fair enough, good friend of mine is currently running  a 325 e30 saloon as his daily drifter. 

Seems to do bloody well considering it's on standard springs still!

I assume you're going to keep it "nice" and "sensible"?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Yea sensible-ish lol. Will be lowered a little bit with a set of wheels. No welded diff or "drift" mods though. Maybe a lsd if I find one at a good price.
Thanks given by:
Soooo this had to be put on hold as I had to move house but should hopefully be able to start the project now as I'm moved and all settled in. The new house doesn't have ad much space as my old place so the black one had to go round a mates to be stripped. Took the thermostat out and this is what I was greeted with.

[Image: 866c045698e0129d01920afd6c97be4d.jpg]

[Image: 6c32e160787359f077cbfcad18253a15.jpg]

Anyone know a way of flushing it all out without a total strip down. The engine will be getting a headgasket, both crankseals, clutch and cambelt before it goes in the car but don't really want to take the crank out etc.

[Image: 946612dd758f64f306855693067c6929.jpg]

New home for now until I find a local unit to rent
Thanks given by:
That doesn't look pretty... :/
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Try dishwasher tablets. Shove a few in different points on the cooling system...and then fill with hot water.
Keep thermostat out, run for a while till warm throughout.

Then flush with fresh water. Let it cool a bit before flushing, if using cold water.

Bargain too. Goodness.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: