The Japanese whip!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Japanese whip!
Question 
So i purchased a new Japanese motor - mainly going to be used for chucking shit in the back- bikes, surfboard, junk etc. and mainly to get the megane off the road for a bit as it's getting destroyed in the recent conditions. 2 tyres in 2 months is not good going.

It's a pajero exceed - 2.5 diesel auto with heater leather seats, adjustable ride stiffness and variable range on the gearbox. It's bloody well specced, that's for sure!

It's got no MOT yet as i'm getting it ready, found a number of faults which i've fixed along the way. It's ready for it's test but really struggling to get a decent insurance quote on it - anyone have any ideas, do let me know!

[Image: GuMzGfk.jpg]

[Image: BrLBJOU.jpg]

Comments and criticisms welcome
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Flux was good for me, beat all the quotes I got!

Have fun! Am trying to sell mine!!
Thanks given by:
Nice, Insurance I'd suggest Footman James..
My 4 classic cars are through them, 1993 106 Roland Garros-1991 205 Cabriolet my 1989 Cabriolet & my 1989 Diesel 205
The whole policy is £82 fully comp... Limited to 5000K mind but it's enough for me.
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2016, 09:26 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: Nice, Insurance I'd suggest Footman James..
My 4 classic cars are through them, 1993 106 Roland Garros-1991 205 Cabriolet my 1989 Cabriolet & my 1989 Diesel 205
The whole policy is £82 fully comp... Limited to 5000K mind but it's enough for me.

just ran a policy through with them, it's almost a third of what anyone else was offering! Bladdddy hell!
Thanks given by:
These run a copy of the bosch ve pump and take very well to a tune up.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2016, 08:22 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: These run a copy of the bosch ve pump and take very well to a tune up.

That they do. Already looked into this !
Thanks given by:
Try Keith Michaels, iv had good prices on jap imports from them
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arramge for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks given by:
Insurance sorted with footman. Very good price

MOT failed on steering idler, areas of rust and smoke. Will sort it out and retest it ASAP!
Thanks given by:
These got diff locking? RWD, 4WD, Low/High?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2016, 02:18 PM)silverzx Wrote: These got diff locking? RWD, 4WD, Low/High?

No diff locking. 
It has FWD/4WD, adjustable suspension stiffness and low range
Thanks given by:
Should have a LSD on the back axle as well as a locking centre diff.
Can be driven in 4x4 on road with centre diff open or RWD.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2016, 12:42 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Insurance sorted with footman. Very good price

MOT failed on steering idler, areas of rust and smoke. Will sort it out and retest it ASAP!

What did you pay on the insurance Ginge?
Everything I have put a quote through on don't come back more than £150..
Thanks given by:
(06-02-2016, 10:08 AM)Chris1357 Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 12:42 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Insurance sorted with footman. Very good price

What did you pay on the insurance Ginge?
Everything I have put a quote through on don't come back more than £150..

Everything? Don't forget this is a new policy so NCB can't be transferred.

I paid just over 200 for it in the end. Not too bad I don't think.
Thanks given by:
So after deciding that this will be my daily for a little while, i decided to take it through a forest - did not miss a beat, and yes, i know, they're road tyres. i'm not spending more money than i need to. It's on the road for a year, then strip it i expect. 

[Image: hMWYIcp.jpg]

[Image: OsTr8Sz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
logs and puddle beware!
Thanks given by:
(07-03-2016, 07:17 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: logs and puddle beware!

And the diff. The power on this. Whammy..
Thanks given by: