Screws that hold the arch liners on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screws that hold the arch liners on
Hi,

I'm looking for some new screws that hold the arch liners on, number 71 in the drawing.

[Image: Front%20Wing_zpsjestie6i.jpg]

Problem is servicebox shows them as clips.

Has anyone replaced these before?

As I was writing this I thought I might as well buy some stainless ones as the new ones will also end up rusting away.
Thanks given by:
from working on mine, they're generally self tappers with larger heads
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
They are plastic push-in clips, not screws. It's the 72's that are the screws, though it's not the clearest pic!
Thanks given by:
ah! only ever took the bottom bits off.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
"fir tree clips" if you search ebay Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Tom, that's not right look at the one that's at the back of the liner, the one that goes through the side skirt that is definitely showing as 71. There are also two screws that go into the plastic bit that's under the washer bottle.

[Image: Liner_zpscr6d1quy.jpg]

72 is the plastic clip that goes through the liner in to the plastic crank pullet splash guard.

71 on my hatchback and estate are around 20mm t20 pan head self tappers.

I've replaced the fir tree clips with the pin type one, the ones like the one on the front grill where you have to lift up a pin that spreads the base of the body apart as they much easier to work with.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the exploded view, l/h/s front wing liner off at the moment so this comes in very handy.

Will print it off tomorrow.

Cant seem to get into service box.

Could someone post the exploded view of the estate rear hatch and the trim plastic bit, need to fix a water leak due to poor fitting lower trim. Water pours into rear of car when estate hatch is open, runs out thru the black plastic inside door trim then onto carpet in rear, grrrrrr

A picture will show me what fasteners and where/how many etc..
Thanks given by:
Same thing happens on mine lol, something else I need to fix but it's the last thing to sort so it's all water tight.

I'll post a pic up shortly.
Thanks given by:
Thanks deturbo, i have to repeat, this is a bloody brilliant forum!!!!

Will have to fix l/h/s front door inner skin as water makes it way thru the now buggered speaker and past door trim and seal, making the carpet wet that side. 

Hope all above the heater motor is good, lots of water ends up in the space between engine bay fire wall and lower screen area, seems not to enter car thru heater air duct.

The bulk head was mentioned in last years mot, but he said ours is ok. If corroded under the stuck on sound deadening "felt" in this area ( between firewall and screen area ) then water is gunna find its way into the car, but never seen any drips etc in the passenger footwell area.

Also have to find any heater drain as well as a/c condensation drain, will be crawling under the car the next few days once paint has dried. 

Will be wearing goggles this time as paint and eyes dont mix very well!!
Thanks given by:
Try this link, if it doesn't work let me know.

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/doc...ct=FCT0114

[Image: Estate%20boot%20lid_zpsmz5z8dqp.jpg]
Thanks given by: pug306driver
Thanks dee turbo, the view opens now.

Bit confused, is part no. 2 a skin that fits onto part no. 1, the estate tail gate??

Car now ready for the back end repairs and mot prep, so will be taking off the black plastic internal cover ( again ) to find out where the water is getting in, and make the bottom skirt part number 6 and trim panel by the lock and number plate lights part no 4 tight and rattle/buzz free, not to mention the plastic centre brake light internal cover, dam thing buzzez with bass audio. Angry

will probably drill extra drain holes in no. 6.
Thanks given by:
Tried to enter service box with a site name and code ending in 19 and 13. Got this info from here and it has worked in the past, but refuses to work now.

Is it possible to enter service box for exploded views as and when i need to, by myself?

all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Create your own account, job done.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help need screws/bolts D turbo 0 1,210 13-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Last Post: D turbo
  Rear Arch Liners insomaniac45 2 1,099 27-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Wheel arch liners lpr1981 11 2,915 16-06-2015, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31