Engine swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine swap
I have a very high miles engine with blown turbo and valve stem seals which is throwing blue smoke out the back, I have a friend who has a 406 110hp engine ready for me, will it fit straight in using the 306 wiring loom or does it need modification? Need some help
Thanks given by:
Yes the 110 will fit as its same engine with an intercooler different turbo (vac controlled I think) so turbos not gonna be any good to you which you say is broken. And you'll have to swap all the 306 bits onto the engine which takes an age. I've done it. Just replace the turbo. Unless you're sure valve stem seals are gone? At which point how did you diagnose. Just to check you're correct and we can save you a lot if arseing about. [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Well yeah that's what the mechanic down the road has told me, because it releases a big cloud of blue smoke on start up usually means it's what has seeped through the seals but I wouldn't know any different, would you say it's valve stem seals?
Thanks given by:
start up wont be valve stems imo. when you let off when accelerating and blue smoke happens they are gone for sure. startup with an a;ready screwed turbo would easily cause that. i highly doubt its valve stem seals
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
It smokes heavily at idle and pull away but while the revs are up it doesn't smoke so I guess replace the turbo it is, while the lump is out might aswell do the timing belt and clutch
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HG repair or engine swap? simo2007 3 1,937 11-09-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  2.0 hdi engine swap jayspug86 33 4,686 19-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Last Post: jayspug86
  engine swap stock hdi vs 406 110 hdi shaun 11 3,101 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum