Black smoke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black smoke
Tongue 
Rallye runs absolutely fine, little tiny bit hesitant this morning and revs hang slightly but shortly after it cut out (icv related)

But went out in a local cruise tonight and whilst giving it some I'm told it puffs black smoke after gear change. I was taking it pretty much too the redline. I don't do this often so could it just be build up of soot/crap is the exhaust/engine been burnt up? 

I'm hoping it doesn't mean the engine is terminal
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
It's normal. They overfuel a lot at the top end of the revs.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Today for first time in ages (3 months maybe ) I gave it abit of a trash,as it's been my daily commute I rarely go above 3k but gave it full on beans and yeah proper stunk of fuel I guess that just normal.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I said about this with mine, was getting a black exhaust tip after a couple of days with hard driving... Someone (possibly Niall?) said they inject some fuel on gear changes for piston cooling iirc.
Thanks given by:
They do seem to run very rich at the red line. On track they're often puffing
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yep - normal.
But i doubt it would be black smoke. Im assuming this was the evening drive and would've been dark? Someone may have seen it in their headlights?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Okay it's put me at ease a little!

Yeah it was last night up the dual, apparently I looked like a diesel
Thanks given by:
Depends how much. A bit of a puff of black smoke is normal from these but you say like a diesel....If its like most of the XUDs on here then you have a big problem lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
But if its like a DPF equipped diesel then there'll be no problem at all... lol Like a diesel isn't a good enough analogy! Tongue
Thanks given by:
It's probably just a puff, I can't see it in the rear view so it can't be that bad. The guys I hang around with do like to exaggerate haha
Thanks given by: