Anyone good with coins?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone good with coins?
Gold 50p price, feels weightier than the normal one, given to me in change at morrisons this morning.

Google only brings up 22carat minted special coins etc all costing like £1000

Anyone shed any light on it? 2002 dated, never seen one

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Someone had fun with the spray paint... Tongue

I've never seen that before either though, and I was bought a lot of those uncirculated commemerative coins as a kid (no idea why!).

I know 50p's did get lighter/thinner at some point, still some fatter ones around so that could explain the extra weight maybe? I doubt it's actually gold though.
Thanks given by:
It's not Solid gold I know that and it looks like it's been in circulation. It is dented and pinged as an older 50p would be. But still it's unusual, it's similar in co position to the £2 coin, at least in colour and material
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
coins produced to commemorate the 2002 Golden Jubilee worth about 6K if you have the set of 13 in mint condition Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 01:56 PM)cully Wrote: coins produced to commemorate the 2002 Golden Jubilee worth about 6K if you have the set of 13 in mint condition Wink

Crikey! Though I'm guessing one on it's own and slightly battered isn't worth much? lol

Just checked mine...nothing that interesting ha.
Thanks given by:
probably worth keeping hold off..........

or send it to me il give you 50p for it Wink il even pay the paypal fees and postage Smile

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Tried biting it?
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 04:18 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Tried biting it?

I remember i was in town once and needed change for a £2 coin for the payphone, I asked this old guy on a bench for change and he bit the coin telling me that if its fake it'll normally dent. As he bit it the end of his tooth cracked off and flew out his mouth. Felt pretty guilty afterwards
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 04:24 PM)doski Wrote:

I remember i was in town once and needed change for a £2 coin for the payphone, I asked this old guy on a bench for change and he bit the coin telling me that if its fake it'll normally dent. As he bit it the end of his tooth cracked off and flew out his mouth. Felt pretty guilty afterwards

Nice.instant karma
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:

What do you expect that to tell you?
Gold coins are alloyed so quite tough and you wont distinguish between that and a regular coin using that method ..... itll only dent when bitten if its got a high lead content
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 05:33 PM)thododd Wrote:

Gold coins are alloyed so quite tough and you wont distinguish between that and a regular coin using that method ..... itll only dent when bitten if its got a high lead content

He'll know if it's chocolate though.
Thanks given by:
Don't put it in your mouth, don't know where it's been ffs! Confused
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 05:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Don't put it in your mouth, don't know where it's been ffs! Confused

Jesus Tom, you never bitten a coin?

It won't hurt you.
Thanks given by:
I dont even like touching coins... Probably since one of my mates at school swallowed one...found it 2 days later...and put it back into circulation. You dont know what dirty people have been using them before you!! Confused
Thanks given by:
Dirt and germs are good, they strengthen the body, plus we all need to do our bit to keep antibiotics useable, get yersen down on some dirty clout Tom! Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Not entirely sure thats on topic... lol
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 06:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not entirely sure thats on topic...  lol
biting on tup'pence lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Lick enough bank notes a you'll get a good kick of cocaine man Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 06:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I dont even like touching coins... Probably since one of my mates at school swallowed one...found it 2 days later...and put it back into circulation. You dont know what dirty people have been using them before you!! Confused

(09-01-2016, 06:55 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Lick enough bank notes a you'll get a good kick of cocaine man Wink

And on that subject don't drink the tap water in London. It's got traces of cocaine in it!
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 06:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I dont even like touching coins... Probably since one of my mates at school swallowed one...found it 2 days later...and put it back into circulation. You dont know what dirty people have been using them before you!! Confused

hah, well shouldn't worry too much, all the water molecules you're drinking have been in and out of countless people, animals ..etc
Thanks given by:
We're still drinking dinosaur piss 200 million years later... Fortunately water recycles well lol. lol

On the subject of licking banknotes, I'd rather just buy he cocaine than risk various horrendous diseases from licking bank notes. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 05:46 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 05:33 PM)thododd Wrote:

He'll know if it's chocolate though.

lmao ! Brilliant!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 11:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 06:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I dont even like touching coins...  Probably since one of my mates at school swallowed one...found it 2 days later...and put it back into circulation.  You dont know what dirty people have been using them before you!! Confused

(09-01-2016, 06:55 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Lick enough bank notes a you'll get a good kick of cocaine man Wink

And on that subject don't drink the tap water in London. It's got traces of cocaine in it!

more to the point its been drunk on average between 8 and 22 times before!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 02:03 PM)toseland Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 11:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 06:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I dont even like touching coins...  Probably since one of my mates at school swallowed one...found it 2 days later...and put it back into circulation.  You dont know what dirty people have been using them before you!! Confused

more to the point its been drunk on average between 8 and 22 times before!

id be more concerned about the legionella the water suppliers pipe to your door as they dont treat the water for it

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,639 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970