intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intro
hi guys
im sam and have recently purchased a little beaut of a hdi 90. I have owned a few gti6's but have gone down the diesel route for a change. haven't been on here before so looking forward to trying to help others with the tad of knowledge I have and also receiving knowledge from you lot.
that's me
cheers
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, get some pics up when you can, and I'm sure you'll find a wealth of knowledge on here, especially related to diesels! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2016, 01:07 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Welcome along, get some pics up when you can, and I'm sure you'll find a wealth of knowledge on here, especially related to diesels! Wink

cheers bud. I will get some picks up soon. when I find the time ha.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
IGHere she is guys. 160k on clock full service history new cam belt and pump. Time for some lovin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Welcome along Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
welcome ot the club. Hdi is probably the best 306 to be fair.

Stage 1 your looking at 120 hp. thats just a map with no supporting mods.
After that you can get to 130hp with a decat. We have done research and the standard paper air filter is the best. There are few benefits of aftermarket filters at this stage.

Stage 2 you need a front mount intercooler. There are plenty of guides of parts needed. Youre looking at 150hp with a limited torque map. With an upgrdaded clutch you can run the full fat 160hp map.

Stage 3 youre looking at bigger injectors, bigger turbo and R70 fuel pump. Which will see you to 170+ depending on how you do it.

Right now get a stage 1 map for £50 from MrWhippy or ProSteve and get a decat off ebay for £50. Youll get more driveability, more power, more mpg and also a bit of turbo spool noise with the decat.
Thanks given by:
Hello Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2016, 01:45 PM)Eeyore Wrote: welcome ot the club. Hdi is probably the best 306 to be fair.

Stage 1 your looking at 120 hp. thats just a map with no supporting mods.
After that you can get to 130hp with a decat. We have done research and the standard paper air filter is the best. There are few benefits of aftermarket filters at this stage.

Stage 2 you need a front mount intercooler. There are plenty of guides of parts needed. Youre looking at 150hp with a limited torque map. With an upgrdaded clutch you can run the full fat 160hp map.

Stage 3 youre looking at bigger injectors, bigger turbo and R70 fuel pump. Which will see you to 170+ depending on how you do it.

Right now get a stage 1 map for £50 from MrWhippy or ProSteve and get a decat off ebay for £50. Youll get more driveability, more power, more mpg and also a bit of turbo spool noise with the decat.
hi bud. yeah ive been looking into a stage 1 remap atm. i have decatted it already. am i right in thinking that i need to get a certain tool before i buy a remap so i can install it?
Thanks given by:
You want to get a MPPS cable of ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPS-V13-02-In...SwYGFUt145
Thanks given by: sam90
(09-01-2016, 02:12 PM)Frosty Wrote: You want to get a MPPS cable of ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPPS-V13-02-In...SwYGFUt145
do i need a special program or anything on my laptop? and i have never done one before. will i need diagnostics after etc?
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't be a bad idea to get the car checked before you map it but its not a must as long as its running all good etc. Theres links for the software on hdi tuning's website. Have a good look on that website as theres lots of good info on there

http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/ecu-remappin...loads.html
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 02:36 PM)Frosty Wrote: It wouldn't be a bad idea to get the car checked before you map it but its not a must as long as its running all good etc. Theres links for the software on hdi tuning's website. Have a good look on that website as theres lots of good info on there

Hi thanks. It's running perfect. New clutch and not far off new cambelt and pump. Fully serviced.
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 05:24 PM)sam90 Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 02:36 PM)Frosty Wrote: It wouldn't be a bad idea to get the car checked before you map it but its not a must as long as its running all good etc. Theres links for the software on hdi tuning's website. Have a good look on that website as theres lots of good info on there

Hi thanks. It's running perfect. New clutch and not far off new cambelt and pump. Fully serviced.

Welcome along, good to see some more Southerly members trickling in! It might seem like it's running perfectly, but problems like a dead maf aren't easy to notice and will reduce the benefit of your map significantly. I would recommend a trip to see Steve if you can, the extra cost will balance out the buying of the tool and spending days trying to get the sodding thing to work lol, the health check is just an added bonus! lol But then i can appreciate a trip to Bristol isn't exactly an easy drive for you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(13-01-2016, 07:06 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 05:24 PM)sam90 Wrote:

Welcome along, good to see some more Southerly members trickling in! It might seem like it's running perfectly, but problems like a dead maf aren't easy to notice and will reduce the benefit of your map significantly. I would recommend a trip to see Steve if you can, the extra cost will balance out the buying of the tool and spending days trying to get the sodding thing to work lol, the health check is just an added bonus! lol But then i can appreciate a trip to Bristol isn't exactly an easy drive for you.

ha forgot that i just rerplaced the maf as that was gone when i bought it. bosch one
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro & 306 rocker cover David Floyd 2 745 06-02-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Re-intro MCH 16 8,276 15-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: jeekqing
  First posting intro Stratocaster26 5 994 20-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz