floods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
floods
has anyone on here been effected by it? York looks like its practically underwater.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...homes.html
Thanks given by:
thinking of all those who are submerged
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I have just seen on the news my old work is flooded.

I live on an hill so won't effect me directly. The city centre (Leeds) and Kirkstall seem to be pretty bad.
Thanks given by:
has it reached Sheffield?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Not that I've seen. West and North Yorkshire and Lancashire.
Thanks given by:
Probably one of the only times living in flat boring suffolk is good.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
hope it ends soon. (+due up Sheff New Year)
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Been out restoring power all day

[Image: 67c811dc05b2c69cbab944c39a0ab391.jpg]

[Image: a795b5db0684f52d1b88429483065cc9.jpg]

[Image: f8802225b22b92816800d0321c9982cf.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yikes!
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
looks terrible, been watching it unfold on Facebook! I can't believe it, it such a vast amount of flooding
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Poor souls! Never good but over Xmas is just peeash :-(
Thanks given by:
Affected by flooding?

Nah not in the slightest.

Thanks given by:
(27-12-2015, 08:21 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Been out restoring power all day

[Image: 67c811dc05b2c69cbab944c39a0ab391.jpg]

[Image: a795b5db0684f52d1b88429483065cc9.jpg]

[Image: f8802225b22b92816800d0321c9982cf.jpg]

looks well bad that!
Thanks given by:
Why leave the boot open in a flood!? Confused

Can't even imagine how people deal with situations like that though. Sad
Thanks given by:
(27-12-2015, 09:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Why leave the boot open in a flood!? Confused

Can't even imagine how people deal with situations like that though. Sad

yeah I cannot imagine it either, I remember when we had flash floods up here in 2012, it was like a waterfall in Newcastle when we had a massive thunderstorm, we had two major thunderstorms, the second time we were caught out in it, and the roads were like mini rivers, with it coming down that sudden.
Thanks given by:
Im kinda glad i live in south wales tbh.. On a mountain..

As said cant imagine it.. Poor people :/
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Been visiting the family near kendal over Christmas, the water has mostly dropped to within the rivers now but it's scary seeing some of the debris and damage caused!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
think this pic says it all really.. just how much water there is

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Holy f*ck
Thanks given by:
Thought to all those affected, can't think of anything much worse to happen over christmas.

Global warming...?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
No trolls under that bridge now then
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2015, 09:26 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Thought to all those affected, can't think of anything much worse to happen over christmas.

Global warming...?

I think we are getting more rain now, than we did 10 years ago, not to mention we are getting less snow now. How often do you get snow now? The 1990s the ground would be white in November and leading up to xmas!
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 06:01 AM)procta Wrote:
(28-12-2015, 09:26 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Thought to all those affected, can't think of anything much worse to happen over christmas.

Global warming...?

I think we are getting more rain now, than we did 10 years ago, not to mention we are getting less snow now. How often do you get snow now? The 1990s the ground would be white in November and leading up to xmas!

Well done Procta, less snow & more rain!

Sky is dropping the same shit, it's just warmer down 'ere.
Thanks given by:
I spoke to Mark Airey in the lakes who's had a fair amount of water around him - not nice being hit by floods.

Down south it's been pretty wet and water has been sitting around the stables and surrounding lanes, drains needed clearing but it's nowhere near as bad as it is up there
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
We just need to bottle it up and send it over to Africa! They don't have enough water, we have too much... Funny how the world works. Confused

Why should the UK get more water (in the form of snow or rain) due to global warming? There's the same amount of water on Earth that's been here since the dinosaurs... Not to mention the fact we're still coming out of an ice age so warming is expected... Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I suppose this is a huge can of worms to open but it depends what you believe really. Global warming is a myth in my opinion. Im not saying us polluting the planet hasn't had a knock on effect but no where near as bad as some make out. The earths temperatures have always changed historically and this is nothing new. The issue we have is over building. Building on flood plaines etc and thats why it looks so much worse. Years ago we wouldn't of noticed the floods so much because it would of mostly been fields filled with water. Now that people seem adamant on building on every square inch of land possible because they want a bigger house or bigger drive, when it does rain hard, it hits them hard. But thats all everyone else fault and not greed at all.....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Was chatting to a guy at work last week about this.

You hear on the news "it's been the mildest December since 1974" or whatever.. What did they say in 1974? OMFG QUICK WE'VE KNACKERED THE PLANET? Nah, it'll change again. They always refer to dates 40 odd years ago. Weather changes, it'll change again too.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 09:30 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Was chatting to a guy at work last week about this.

You hear on the news "it's been the mildest December since 1974" or whatever.. What did they say in 1974? OMFG QUICK WE'VE KNACKERED THE PLANET? Nah, it'll change again. They always refer to dates 40 odd years ago. Weather changes, it'll change again too.

also remember 1976 was the Hottest summer with droughts across the country
but 1978 was the longest coldest winter

so i recon the weather goes round in cycles but.....
if ice is being released from the poles as water there is more liquid so higher seas with more risk of flooding untill the water is locked up as ice again

as to what causes this...the weather cycle not global warming!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
We're coming out of a mini ice age anyway, that's why it's warming up
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 09:51 AM)cully Wrote:
(29-12-2015, 09:30 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: Was chatting to a guy at work last week about this.

also remember 1976 was the Hottest summer with droughts across the country
but 1978 was the longest coldest winter

so i recon the weather goes round in cycles but.....
if ice is being released from the poles as water there is more liquid so higher seas with more risk of flooding untill the water is locked up as ice again

as to what causes this...the weather cycle not global warming!

Sooo, we just need to build some massive freezers to store the water in... Sorted! Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Audi RS5 getting its kit off in the floods 4WayDiablo 33 7,704 17-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Last Post: mark306
  Floods! vlj 22 4,697 20-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  Floods in your area? Andy 4 1,449 26-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Poodle