Selling Stuff...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Stuff...
Ok so most of you know I'm a terrible salesman, I'd rather give stuff away in all honesty...

However I STILL have some Rover/ZR parts brand new or recon that I can't shift at all. Tried gumtree and ebay and appropriate forums. Dropped prices so far on ebay that I couldn't drop them any further with postage and fee's etc. I was open to posting all items (bar the battery) so it's not a location issue. And I don't believe that those cars are just so reliable no-one needs parts for them. Tongue

So wtf do I do with them? Got new leads, coils and crank sensor. Recon alternator (cost £55 so I've been told and it never saw the road). 2 used but fully working starters. Small Halfords battery.

Running out of ideas except giving them back to my step dad and letting him sell them himself but I was trying to take some responsibility for the cock up there! Confused Would be ideal if there was a spares repair ZR locally I could buy that needed those parts (as I've done with HDi's in the past) but that's not likely lol.

So yeah, basically what am I missing/doing wrong lol, any idea?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
what are you adverts like? I would advertise them as new and say that packaging has been opened. Set them to be whatever price you want to shift them. It is an odd one mate. In reality nobody really wants used parts which are cheap anyway.
Thanks given by:
My ads are as well written as forum stuff. Were all advertised as they are (new or recon). And priced them as low as possible.

Just don't see that no one needs coil packs or crank sensors. And alternators are always failing on them due to proximity with the exhaust. Confused Leads are cheap so I can understand them not selling. And maybe people don't want to risk used starters.
Thanks given by:
Ebay.

price 99p start

postage £7

title (the item itself)

description, "second hand <insert part name here>for <insert car/model/type> for sale, good condition, feel free to ask any questions, paypal accepted, will post to mainland uk"

it also helps to list other cars the parts are applicable to, rover engines were used in fucktonnes of stuff.. some might be more popular than the one you're selling it for.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ask Steve? That's his scene so he might know some people.
Thanks given by:
What size battery is it buddy might be interested in it!
Thanks given by:
Sell all the bits to Steve lol Job done Tongue
Thanks given by:
Battery is just a tiny petrol one, 063 iirc, about £30 on Halfords trade, not worth driving down here for lol.

I've also learnt my lesson on 99p starts - people buy stuff at 99p and you lose far more than that in postage and fees, plus the fuel driving it to the courier drop and time to package lol, done that with the rest of the 306 parts before moving and would've been much better off binning them! Fail... Dodgy So I dropped prices as low as possible on these, taking postage and fees into consideration.

Parts are no use to Steve, be like offering TU parts to an XUD owner... lol
Thanks given by:
Speak and thy shall appear !
Try signing up to the MG R sales and wanted group on Facebook. Unfortunately you've got on your hands a kind of low spec model but can still sell bits. I've sold a full set of shocks and springs for 99p on ebay before
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Hire a model to pose with your items.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 11:14 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Speak and thy shall appear !
Try signing up to the MG R sales and wanted group on Facebook. Unfortunately you've got on your hands a kind of low spec model but can still sell bits. I've sold a full set of shocks and springs for 99p on ebay before

Didn't think of FB groups tbf, I'm slightly sceptical of privacy over FB though.

(19-12-2015, 11:49 AM)ozpug Wrote: Hire a model to pose with your items.

Lol, think the costs might outweigh the sale prices! lol
Thanks given by:
Bin the shit! you know you always loose money so cut out the middle man Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
It's not my shit to bin lol, would've done by now otherwise lol. He paid for it, not me...
Thanks given by:
Up and coming models are always looking for free work for their portfolio. Otherwise make it into some sort of ornament; a clock or something, and sell it to an enthusiast.
Thanks given by:
What privacy? They're not super rare parts that are desirable to steal etc like expensive alloy wheels so it'll be rite

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Buy it now items are free to list on ebay ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 06:12 PM)lolsteve Wrote: What privacy? They're not super rare parts that are desirable to steal etc like expensive alloy wheels so it'll be rite

Nah I don't mean that. I mean I don't like randomers knowing my full name, location, car/reg number from pics etc. I tend not to join groups for that reason.

(19-12-2015, 06:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: Buy it now items are free to list on ebay ThumbsUp

Only 20 a month though, same as auctions. I list a lot of stuff...hardly ever sell any of it though. lol

Ebay is daft though, have to pays fees on postage. Plus the fees on paypal. And obviously the 10% selling fee as well. Selling at 99p plus say £10 postage means you lose £1.60 in fees. I always underestimate postage so that adds to it as well (admittedly that's my fault). And then you've got the 30p listing fee after 20 items as well. I lost more than double the selling price on a few things earlier this year lol.
Thanks given by:
Then dont list it for 99p!?!

List it at the price you/open to offers. Do a job lot. Loads of ideas.

That or bin it n stop moaning about junk that no one wants lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Tried listing it at the lowest possible price, have already said that lol. Tried a job lot, again no interest at all.

Pfft, everyone likes a moan, you of all people should know that. Wink Thought I may have been making a glaringly obvious mistake somewhere but it seems not lol. Will just admit defeat and give them back I think. Not even sure if they sorted disposing of the rest of the car lol.
Thanks given by:
Oh I see. Set your Facebook settings to private and only give out info via messages and for area on description be vague ish

Thanks given by:
Sell them on Rovertech
Thanks given by: