POWER!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POWER!!!!
So after track time spent I have come to realise I need more power. Running a 6 with around 190 bhp 160 torque. Can keep up with the big cars in the corners just get whooped on the straights.
so here is my question.
pound for pound which way shall i go itbs, turbo or charged.
Opinions please.
Thanks given by:
bodies wont get you much more. charged would be the best value for money.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2015, 10:13 PM)Eeyore Wrote: bodies wont get you much more. charged would be the best value for money.

Yeah but there's something about bodies, as you know! Turboing looks expensive as well.
Thanks given by:
It's why the old SC route is popular, Bolt on kit and nothing required, Bodies and Turbo's all require more work especially the latter
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2015, 10:23 PM)miles Wrote: It's why the old SC route is popular, Bolt on kit and nothing required, Bodies and Turbo's all require more work especially the latter

Go on then, how much would it cost to charge it?
Thanks given by:
Could eaton it for about 2k if you're careful. Second hand rotrex kits are starting to show up now for around 2.5k or 2k if you are willing to source a charger from elsewhere.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Better to spend money on suspension, brakes, diff and make it 900kg
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2015, 11:54 PM)adam b Wrote: Better to spend money on suspension, brakes, diff and make it 900kg

This ^^ 

What cams are you running?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(15-12-2015, 12:53 AM)7057sam Wrote:
(14-12-2015, 11:54 PM)adam b Wrote: Better to spend money on suspension, brakes, diff and make it 900kg

This ^^ 

What cams are you running?

Brakes are done. Suspension seems okay but more can be done. diff could be an idea as could a port and polish. Weight reduction is ongoing. Aircon delete next.
Cams wise fast road catcams. Dont know the profile to hand.
Thanks given by:
i agree with adam, but supercharging is your best bet. also about 3k for a low boost lynx kit. its pretty much fit n forget
Thanks given by:
put a diff in it first get the power to the floor best mod i made.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Suprised no one has mentioned V6 conversion.

Yes it will weigh a little more but after being in Adam B's V6 rallye you don't notice it and god was that car quick!
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 12:04 PM)roland rat Wrote: Suprised no one has mentioned V6 conversion.

Yes it will weigh a little more but after being in Adam B's V6 rallye you don't notice it and god was that car quick!

Isnt it a right bastard of a job to do on a 306?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2016, 01:55 PM)Niall Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 12:04 PM)roland rat Wrote: Suprised no one has mentioned V6 conversion.

Isnt it a right bastard of a job to do on a 306?

It's not that difficult and things like engine mounts can be bought to help it's just little bits like the clutch and cooling that just need some thought
Thanks given by: