Gti6 box

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 box
Well me and Ruan spoke about this today and it's something I have been considering.
What work is involved? I take it it's straight bolt on. Will I need gti6 clutch and flywheel?
Also, from looking at eBay photos, the clutch cable on a gti pull from the front of the car (1.8 pulls from the back). Do I need a new cable or does the normal one fit?
Last question, how does the reverse cable fit onto the gear stick? Do I need a new stick?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Do I need a new stick?

Are you saying yours isn't in working condition? That poor girlfriend of yours........Grant! Tongue
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Do I need a new stick?

Are you saying yours isn't in working condition? That poor girlfriend of yours........Grant! Tongue

Oi I showed you my hard shaft today complete with floppy end. Admit it, you was impressed! lmao
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
This is on the books for mine, but then decided on a '6 engine instead haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
you would need the clutch, flywheel and clutch cable aswell. plus the gear lever and linkages.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, clutch, flywheel and cable.

With regards to the reverse cable - just nick one off a breaking GTi6.

I promise you, it'll be the best mod you make.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
You will need the Gearstick as well as the cable attaches to it.

You won't need the linkages etc tho just the cable and stick. You will also need to drill a hole through the bulkhead to bring the cable in.
Thanks given by:
and you'll need to fit a steering ram from a 6 as well to limit your right hand lock IIRC.

Is the only benefit of the 1.8 16v over the XU10J4RS that it is a lighter block?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
You don't NEED to... Especially if you run 50 profile tyres, it doesn't even touch the gearbox and literally just kisses it with 55 profiles..

Much lighter block, shorter stroke - a much revvier engine, better for forced induction as it keeps torque levels down and means you have shorter rods - less purchase for bending.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I'm just going to get a stop made up to go on the ram to stop it moving to far. Simples.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
as said it depends on the profile of tyre you have. As said above 50 and below should be fine. I've been talking to Carl chambers about this for a while now :-)
Thanks given by:
ah ok, fair enough then! You will enjoy the 6 box, 3rd gear is good fun!
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
lewisdmz Wrote:ah ok, fair enough then! You will enjoy the 6 box, 3rd gear is good fun!

What with me being impatient, this may be done next payday Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Right got my self a box sorted. Need the cable and clutch cable. Do I definitely need a gti clutch kit and flywheel? Iirc the gti6 flywheel is 7 bolt where as the 1.8 is only 6
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Could you not use the bellhousing from the be3r to utilise the lighter push operated clutch and flywheel and use the gearbox from the be3/6.

Are the crank sensor pickups in the same place on the two different flywheels?

Apparently the xu7 clutch and flywheel are considerably lighter than the gti6 ones.
Thanks given by:
Pfft I could have supplied you with everything you needed pretty much, box, linkages, gear stick, reverse cable...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh I don't need to do this now bearing in mind I went and bought a 6 2 weeks ago haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Spellowe, don't chuck it!!

I'll take it in good time ninja
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
id probably have it too haha
Thanks given by:
Meh I'll add to it, me too of have it Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: