Well they are French.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well they are French.....
Not into the wet lacquer mate. The purple will just polish off then as soon as any compound comes into contact with it...

Primer, topcoat, purple dusting, lacquer, coffee. In that order. Maybe stick a coffee at the beginning too...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
not even if you add another couple of coats of lacquar after? my thought being that the wet on wet would make it 'flow' or blend together smoothly? maybe?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
You could add a couple of coats of lacquer after i suppose. The main concern i would have would be the purple causing the lacquer coat it is applied to to orange peel. Adding more lacquer ontop would then mean it wouldnt flat out.

I could be wrong though. I have never tried it.
Nor am i going to on these wheels, maybe on a spare i have down the garden.. Dont wanna risk it haha

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
OK, lot of shite in here, if you were spraying it on you would do 2 coats of lacquer with the flake in and then a further 2-3 coats of lacquer without.

if you were to just mix it with the lacquer and not spray over it you would have a rough finish and not be able to flat it back despite it being mixed with the clear, there would be nothing wrong with a fine coat of lacquer to make it sticky and then dust some flake over and then add another 2-3 coats of lacquer over that while its still wet TBH.

Also dusting another colour over is a nightmare to do as it just ends up as spots of one colour paint ontop of another and looks like overspray lol just mt 2p on the matter Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
ah furry muff. might experiment on random shit i've got lying around in the garden... or my bonnet...

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:ah furry muff. might experiment on random shit i've got lying around in the garden... or my bonnet...

Just make sure its paint specific metal flake, if you get cheap art & craft flakes the lacquer will either remove the colour from the flakes of dissolve them completely depending on what they are made from Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
nah i wasn't gunna use flake, just other paint. but might get some flake, might be able to pick up a compressor cheap... ninja

Thanks given by:
Agree about the flake in the lacquer mark.

Would beg to differ about the puffing over though.
Aslong as your a good distance away, and allow the paint to 'fall' onto the target, rather than being propelled at it, it comes out alright. Lemme upload a picture, 2 tics...

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
[Image: c681457c.jpg]

[Image: 2907b906.jpg]

[Image: 13f397ed.jpg]

I would actually put these on my car :romance-heartsthree: , if purple went with anything I had.... You can only see the purple from certain angles, and a little in the photos. Good idea Kim!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
yep, that looks sick.

Thanks given by:
wow amazing finish! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean but to me, in the pics, they don't look purple enough and without building the purple colour up in layers you will end up with a colour that is off to how it should be if you get me?

They may look totally different in person however and the actual finish looks epic so I will reserve proper judgement until I see them at FCS Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Fair play.
They do look a little more purple in the 'flesh'. If i put any more on, there wouldnt be enough silver lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Fair play.
They do look a little more purple in the 'flesh'. If i put any more on, there wouldnt be enough silver lol

It will be one of those things that no matter how hard you try you will never be able to get a decent photo of lol I did a spoiler that was black with blue flakes and could I shite get a decent pic of it, I just gave up in the end!

As I said, the actual finish looks epic mate, and if they look more purple than that then they should look sweet with the other purple bits. Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Hmmm thinking black with purple for my spoiler and petrol strips Wink haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Purple may seem a little lost in the black, might be hard to see. Only one way to find out!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
That's what I was thinking, I'll give it a crack and see what happens
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
OMG I love them!!!!! Thank you sooooo much!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't thank me yet, still got 3 to do lol

Enough purple or more purple?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
They look awesome!
Thanks given by: