Speedo/Driveshaft Mount

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedo/Driveshaft Mount
[attachment=26001][attachment=25837][attachment=26001][attachment=25837][attachment=26001][attachment=25837]Hi, I'm hoping that you guys and gals can help

I have a ph2 D Turbo, and having an issue with the longer driveshaft mount that also runs the speedo.

I have been trying to get another 1 on and so far broken 2! 

The driveshaft itself is off and out of the way, but when bolting the new unit on it only went in so far then the lower of the 3 bolts snapped the casing, got a replacement unit, went a lot more gentle and even done each bolt a turn or so at a time, again before the unit even touched the rear of the gearbox, again the lower bolt snapped the casing!

I'm confused at where I am going wrong, and need to find an answer before I break another, ive tried google search and other things but not found much info other than how to remove it, well its removed, but no idea on how to bolt it back on without breaking it

thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
would someone who could ally-weld be able to repair your 2?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
check you have the plastic cog inside the right way round - it has two lugs that engage with the diff

the housing should fit pretty tight without bolts - so offer it up and see what is causing it not to sit flush before you wind the bolts in
Thanks given by:
can get them easy enough, not bothered about the welding, just whats going wrong when I bolt it in, they never sit flush
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2015, 05:55 PM)gravey78 Wrote: can get them easy enough, not bothered about the welding, just whats going wrong when I bolt it in, they never sit flush

looking at the photo you put up - you have the plastic speedo drive cog thing the wrong way round - i cant see the lugs on it that would engage with the diff housing, as per the slots in the other pic.

if it was the wrong way round, those lugs would stop the casing going back in the whole way

just a thought

Otherwise, offer it up, and get a torch in and see what is stopping it pulling in flush. They do pretty much offer up and push in by hand, so will be obvious if something is causing an issue.
Thanks given by:
I took that from the old housing as it didn't have 1, both ends if the cogs were different size, 1 which slotted in and stayed in place, the other way around it flapped around and fell out
Thanks given by: