Christmas meet awards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas meet awards
Hi All
Just got home from the Christmas meet and what a great one it was too. Unfortunately the weather was pretty shoddy but its almost December so i suppose thats to be expected!!
It was great to see so many people turn up and have a good time. I know myself as per usual, it was great to see some old friends and have one too many drinks. And loose at bowling again lol
One part of the meet was of course the christmas awards. Cully has been an absolute hero this year and managed to get some decent prizes for the winners. We had lots of replies from you lot with your nominations from the awards and it was really nice to see such a vast list of people nominated for these awards. It didn't make it very easy to decide the winners...especially when i didn't get around to it before the meet and me and Cully had to do it in the pub five minutes before handing the awards out lol

Anyway, in no particular order;

Project of the year award - DarrenLobb and his dyno. - £25 Opie Oils Voucher
I think we can all agree that there aren't many forums with such a epic project on as this one and there aren't as many people with the confidence to crack on and rebuild a dyno basically from scratch!
Petrol of the year award - Matt with his white rallye. - Halfords cleaning kit
For anyone that has known Matt for a few years, you will know Matt bought his Rallye years ago and decided to use it as a water pump. Surprisingly it lasted a long time till its final death at the Christmas meet in 2013. Since then it has sat but Matt has finally pulled his finger out and got it back on the road and it was great to see it back at the christmas meet!
Diesel of the year award - Piggy with his 2.1 TD. - Halfords cleaning kit
I think we can all agree that its a pretty special build and has had a lot of time and effort put into it. There may be more powerful 306s out there but theres not many at all as unique as Piggys
Best non-306 of the year award - ZX_Volcane and his ZX - Years subscription to PFC magazine
There is plenty of cars on this forum other than 306s and theres a huge variety of them but Toms ZX always seems to draw attention. Especially with coal pouring out of the back of it!
Most helpful member of the year award - Eeyore. - Halfords winter care kit
So i don't know how he rigged this one but somehow Sam is the most helpful member of the year! 

It was fantastic to see such a great turn out this year and id like to thank all of you for coming along. I know i had a fantastic time and can not wait now until the start of show season!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I call BS on Sam's award, he's obviously pulled some strings for that one! lol

Maybe next year I might manage to make it to a couple of shows/meets! Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
sam was pulling on something, dont think it was a string tho..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Matt's Rallye was the 2012 Christmas meet.
Thanks given by:
I didn't realise I was in the runnings for this or anything but Paul let me know earlier / now I have seen this. Can only say thank you very much for anyone that voted for it, the voucher will be very useful and never know, ordering some filters might just spur me on to get the dervbus engine build on the go!! Again thanks very much, its very much appreciated and thanks to Paul etc who organized the prizes... Sorry I wasn't able to be there, one year I might make it!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Just a note on the prize gifts

the Halfords products were donated by the Exeter branch of Halfords

all the traders from this forum were PM'd and ONLY Opie Oils Via User Oilman
was kind enough to donate a gift, Opie also donated stickers to hand out,
I think this says a lot about this company compared to the other traders that didnt even reply

The 12 months subscription to Performance Frenchcars Magazine was Donated By
FCS Ltd, which is Mark Dows company
he also donated sticker packs and Magazines to hand out,

I also had a few stickers from HDItuning which were also given away.

on behalf of the Forum Id like to say, a big THANKYOU to all of the above, that went out their way
to help the forum

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Opie Oils are top business tbh, local to me also, and never had a spot of bother...Have always highly recommended, and to win a voucher is just epic!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Massive thank you! I really didn't expect it! Even said to the misses I didn't expect to win anything. But a massive thanks. It makes me feel like everything has been worthwhile up until now Smile

And it was 2012 not 2013 Wink it's spent 3 years off the road, couple of months outside Scott's, about a year at Samass' and then spent the rest of the time on my granddads drive collecting mould.

Christmas meet has amazing, awesome drive Saturday morning. Some slippy roads which I lost the backend a few times on and some limited vision from toms zx Rofl
Shame we couldn't stay later but we had been on the road since 5.30 and I would have fallen asleep.
Even the misses loved it, she even said she didn't get bored! (Result!)
Thanks to everyone involved in organising! And thanks for my prize
Amazing job guys
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thanks all...
Didnt even think I was in the running tbh.

Bit ironic award considering the result of my cornish trip lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ta peeps, will be sitting by the letter box every month now waiting for PFC to drop through Smile
Thanks given by:
So Niall wheres this list of all the other awards that people were nominated for but there wasn't sufficient prizes for?
Thanks given by:
How do I get hold of my award? Smile

Still not got last years! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ill PM you in a bit
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
the other award winners were?
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Loads of stuff turned up in the post, cheers guys Smile

[Image: IMG_4866_zps7md1nx6p.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cool....thanks for letting us know i will send a thankyou email to FCS Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Meet Awards - 2016 Eeyore 11 3,631 29-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Camber awards Stef205 17 3,290 10-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Adam CD P1
  Christmas Meet 2014 - You guys are legends!! Dum-Dum 38 17,642 14-12-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Niall