New member, P1 1.4 Genoa xud swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member, P1 1.4 Genoa xud swap
Big Grin 
Hi all I'm new to the forum. I've got a 5 door Phase 1 Genoa it has the 1.4 TU engine at the moment but I want to swap a 1.9 XUD into it. My problem is that I don't know a lot about these. I know the basics about 306's and their engines but I'm going to need a bit of advice on this swap. I know the 1.4 TU runs with an ECU and that's connected in with the rest of the loom so my question is when I swap to the 1.9XUD what do I do electronics wise ? Huh  This is the main confusion for me lol any pointers ? Thank you in advance, Adam.
Thanks given by:
Swap engines with entire engine bay loom ThumbsUp

Also need to switch the in tank pickup and dash clocks ThumbsUp

New fuel lines and remove the restrictor in the fuel filler neck ThumbsUp

Obviously you will need the xud gearbox/driveshafts/exhaust and likely a suspension and brake upgrade. Radiator and cooling pipes also want swapping.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: Adam CD P1
(28-11-2015, 07:38 AM)Piggy Wrote: Swap engines with entire engine bay loom ThumbsUp

Obviously you will need the xud gearbox/driveshafts/exhaust and likely a suspension and brake upgrade. Radiator and cooling pipes also want swapping.

Thank you for that, Clears up quite a few niggly things I was curious about. So the engine bay loom will just be plug and play with the rest of the loom ? Yeah the dash clocks are definitely being swapped I'm thinking of just looking for a decrepit P1 D turbo for all of the bits to swap over do you think that would be the most sensible option ? Also if I'm right your the dude on youtube ? If so I've seen a few of our videos seriously quick car and really nice build Smile
Thanks given by:
Just noticed its a phase 1 so im wrong and ignore this edit\post lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2015, 02:09 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:
(28-11-2015, 07:38 AM)Piggy Wrote: Swap engines with entire engine bay loom ThumbsUp

Thank you for that, Clears up quite a few niggly things I was curious about. So the engine bay loom will just be plug and play with the rest of the loom ? Yeah the dash clocks are definitely being swapped I'm thinking of just looking for a decrepit P1 D turbo for all of the bits to swap over do you think that would be the most sensible option ? Also if I'm right your the dude on youtube ? If so I've seen a few of our videos seriously quick car and really nice build Smile

Yeah that would probably be what I would do if I had the option!

Yeah, I'm piggy from piggypower! Thanks for watching! Hope you are subscribed Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2015, 05:46 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(30-11-2015, 02:09 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:

Yeah that would probably be what I would do if I had the option!

Yeah, I'm piggy from piggypower! Thanks for watching! Hope you are subscribed Smile 

I shall do that so Smile Since I'm in the green Isle there's plenty of D Turbo's around, a lot of them are lowered to whithin an inch of their lives though lol I'm thinking of going liberty walk/rocket bunny style with mine but that'll take a while to do properly.

Ah sweet any time dude I am subbed indeed. There's another dude called Darren Lobb he had a nice M16 TDI build but the videos of it just seemed to end haha
Thanks given by:
Be patient with Darren... He is on this forum too...

Watch his latest videos, he is ressurecting his DT and it WILL be epic
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My mates now swapping his ph1 from xud to hdi so he has the entire engine loom, clocks, fuel tank and fuel lines if your interested. Then it's just a case of sourcing an engine as his has a nice hole in it now [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Thanks given by: Adam CD P1
(30-11-2015, 08:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: Be patient with Darren... He is on this forum too...

Ah sweet I might have to pick his brains about that compound set up with the vnt turbo it looks pretty epic

Oh sweet I'll  have a look now Smile

Yeah I watched a few of his videos while deciding which car to get as a project and he's partially to blame for me buying my one haha. Now after owning and driving it I'm hooked I didn't think I'd step away from BMW's but the 306's are epic  Big Grin

(30-11-2015, 08:08 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: My mates now swapping his ph1 from xud to hdi so he has the entire engine loom, clocks, fuel tank and fuel lines if your interested.  Then it's just a case of sourcing an engine as his has a nice hole in it now [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Oh nice I might be interested yeah where's he based ?
Thanks given by:
Where at Pe12 buddy
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2015, 08:55 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Where at Pe12 buddy

Unfortunately that'd be a bit of a distance as I'm in Dublin hahaha thanks for the offer anyway Smile

(30-11-2015, 08:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: Be patient with Darren... He is on this forum too...

Just watched the video on the 305, Epic !! I like the supercharger set up
Thanks given by: