Stripping Front Seat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripping Front Seat
Right, my drivers seat has become uncomfortable lately, bulge in the lumbar area. Maybe a spring popped or something? 

Basically has anyone stripped a seat down before? Removed the covers and what not? If so any chance of a quick guide?
Thanks given by:
Remove from car, take the subframes and all the plastics off the seat. You then need to carefully remove the cover by releasing it from the lip of the seat and then removing all the rings that secure it to the cushion. I use long nose pliers for this. It's difficult but possible to do this without damaging the cushion. The headrest pegs have r-clips in them in the back of the seat, you need to put your arm up under the cover to pull them out. Then remove the foam from the seat, IIRC it just lifts off.

When putting it back together, I use cable ties instead of stabbing myself with the hog rings trying to put them back!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Sounds like a ball ache but it's getting annoying now being uncomfortable
Thanks given by:
Probably easier to find a spare seat if it's a common interior?
Thanks given by:
Probably right it's only the leaf half leathers. Will probably keep my eye out for a local one
Thanks given by:
it's not hard at all, just takes a little time, i've completely stripped and recovered one before, as said use cable ties when reassembling instead of the metal rings you remove . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Leaf half leathers are everywhere lol, I've binned loads, be much easier to just replace in that case.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stripping front carpet impotentials 10 2,910 30-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Last Post: impotentials
  stripping the car ? jjenn20 8 1,673 14-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Stripping out interior? Coops69 4 1,452 04-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Coops69