Headlight black mask - Phase 1?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight black mask - Phase 1?
I'm on the hunt for some new headlights for my car (I think reflectors are damaged so beam is very poor, especially on drivers side).

I keep noticing on eBay occasionally "black" single reflector style? What is this about? Is this people doing black masks to Ph1 lights, or was there a version of headlights from factory which looked like this?

Black single reflector style
[Image: lNcAish.jpg]

Normal single reflector style
[Image: suPFRmH.jpg]

Finally, can you do this "black masking" to Ph1 headlights at all? I know its possible on Ph3, quite a few guides, but I haven't been able to find anything about doing it to Ph1.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
You can just buy them black for cheap if you want them. There are two types. Lus has the black ones but one of my previous phase ones did not.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 12:46 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: You can just buy them black for cheap if you want them. There are two types. Lus has the black ones but one of my previous phase ones did not.

This was my plan, if indeed you can buy them. Where would you suggest buying them from? I haven't found them all that cheap yet
Thanks given by:
i've a pair of twin optic black masked ones for sale if you like?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2016, 01:29 PM)John1.4 Wrote: i've a pair of twin optic black masked ones for sale if you like?

PM incoming Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: 81b90a1bf5461595b456adb2ca9777e2.jpg]
I do those a couple days ago, very easy to do!
Thanks given by:
Phase 1 headlamps are WAY easier to mask than later ones. The headlamp glass just comes off by removing the metal clips around it, and the "black" part is just a piece of plastic which is held on by a couple of small bolts. You simply undo them and paint/wrap the plastic your desired colour.

Have a look at this post in my project thread:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...#pid471035

They were originally reflective but the coating had long since flaked off, so I simply wrapped them in aluminium tape to get them looking shiny again. The glass is frosted so you can't see the surface that clearly through it. If you want them black, just get them out and paint them black and bang them back in. No need to buy any more parts or anything.

Hope that helps.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ph3 original head lights conversion to black mask?! pugman2014 5 1,250 18-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Last Post: -ER-
  Black masking phase 3 headlights philpemberton94 1 919 30-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Mask depo :) spike2002 27 3,968 01-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Fozzy