Head light bulbs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head light bulbs
What bulbs would everyone recommend? Currently running standard ones (cheapest there probably is) but they don't seem bright enough!

Any legal extra bright ones that can be fitted?

Cheers
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
Phillips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreakers
Thanks given by: PugRory
(17-11-2015, 09:28 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Phillips Xtreme Vision or Osram Nightbreakers

Cheers mate!
1.9 diesel Phase 2 - scrapped
1.8 meridian Phase 3 - going strong!
Thanks given by:
Buy a cheap set too as back ups cos h4's always blow on 306's so you don't get caught out one dark evening! Last thing anyone in a 306 needs is a pull for a headlight bulb!
They'll be H7s on his phase 3. Don't think I've ever blown one. Tongue

Then again, I very rarely have to change bulbs on any car. Confused Sidelights are the only thing I tend to lose.
(17-11-2015, 09:54 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Buy a cheap set too as back ups cos h4's always blow on 306's so you don't get caught out one dark evening! Last thing anyone in a 306 needs is a pull for a headlight bulb!

with the crystals you just swap a high beam lamp into the dipped side as they use both the same H7 lamps
as a get you home fix...... Wink

reminds me i must get some more nightbreakers Smile

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Cheers guys, Just ordered a pair of Philips xtreme vision.. it'll be so much better when i can actually see!
Thanks given by:
I always used Nightbreakers before I got my HID's. /inb4chav

Definite improvement over standard. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
My hdi blew both bulbs in around 11 months a side whatever you used. One always trailed the other by a month. That was a lot of running hours on 40k a year mind.

Halfords rally bulbs work a treat. 90w and about 4 quid each on trade.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Just had a nightbreaker blow on my estate. Only about a year old, anyone else find they don't last overly long?

Need to decide what i go for next now
Thanks given by:
Never had any of my Nightbreakers blow...you must be doing it wrong Frosty. Tongue
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2015, 02:20 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Never had any of my Nightbreakers blow...you must be doing it wrong Frosty. Tongue

Haha yeah seems that way
Thanks given by:
did you touch the glass in any way?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2015, 03:46 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: did you touch the glass in any way?

Nope, hadn't touched the bulbs at all since i fitted them about a year ago. Just noticed last night 1 had blown
Thanks given by:
may be you need new fluid cause its low!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Used nightbreakers for years...still running same h4s I bought 5 yrs ago for the 306 which are now in the 206
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2015, 03:54 PM)Frosty Wrote:

Nope, hadn't touched the bulbs at all since i fitted them about a year ago. Just noticed last night 1 had blown

vibration maybe? or just one of them things Undecided
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2015, 04:47 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(24-12-2015, 03:54 PM)Frosty Wrote:

vibration maybe? or just one of them things  Undecided

Yeah prob just 1 of them things, just wondered if anyone else had had some not last very long. I think ill get some more ordered up in the new year
Thanks given by:
gonna swap mine to them @ the weekend. will monitor longevity.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
My Cibies came with genuine Peugeot bulbs in and i have to say they are the brightest headlights i have seen on a 306. I don't know what make pug use but may be worth looking into as a cheaper alternative.
Phillips blue visions are bloody brilliant but quite pricy. Worth it though in my opinion.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I have read of other people only getting a short life span out of nightbreakers. Never had any blow myself though!!
Thanks given by:
I have had both blue vision and xtreme vision. I found the blue vision useless in the rain and the xtreme visions are brilliant. The only point I can see to blue vision is to get the more xenon look but I didn't really like then that much. Just a quick opinion Smile
Thanks given by:
Volvo eats them, set every 8 months or so, naturally they're on 24/7, so not overly surprising... Looking to replace mine, didn't rate the Osram Nightbreakers all that much in honesty... Will try and find a set of Xtremevisions...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2015, 10:14 AM)Niall Wrote: My Cibies came with genuine Peugeot bulbs in and i have to say they are the brightest headlights i have seen on a 306. I don't know what make pug use but may be worth looking into as a cheaper alternative.
Phillips blue visions are bloody brilliant but quite pricy. Worth it though in my opinion.
Peugeot used GE (general electric) from the factory as my originals lasted 15 years before one went so replaced them both with the same from halfords & have to agree they're pretty bright for a standard bulb.
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2015, 11:16 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I have read of other people only getting a short life span out of nightbreakers.  Never had any blow myself though!!

Just had one go on my MX5, 10ish months old Sad light use also (no pun intended)
Thanks given by:
Anyone had anything to do with the philips xtreme? Bit more expensive than the osrams nightbreakers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251649680789?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks given by:
Got them in mine on the dipped. Very clear and bright. Not stupid blue light either just very light yellow/white light.
Going to get a set for in my main beam as well soon I think Smile
Thanks given by:
If you look on the packet for the night breaker plus, the rating they give for product life is crap
Thanks given by:
I've got Osram Nightbreakers in my Land Rover. Made a huge difference to whatever was in it before! I'll be buying some for my Peugeot soon too
Thanks given by:
Nightbreakers lasted fine on my peugeot but my mk.6.5 fiesta aka the bulb destroyer ate two sets in about 8 months, along with a side light and a brake light! Sad
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interior dash light bulbs. Josh1994 0 897 12-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Josh1994
  head light adjustment karl1989 6 2,078 20-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Last Post: HDIkyle