GTi6 Problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi6 Problems
So the DT is on the road and I can concentrate on the '6 now, having a few issues hoping you guys can diagnose them. 

Problem 1: will loose throttle response for a few seconds when at a constant speed. If I push the throttle down a bit more it accelerates again. I've noticed there's no fuel filter just internal braided fuel lines.

Problem 2: rev counter, fuel gauge and temp gauge don't work. Suspect it's wiring loom, what the most common places for it to break?

Problem 3: when warm it idles strangely, likes to hunt when at stand still

Only things I can think of off the top of my head, only driven it about 60 miles so haven't found all the issues. 

All help is appreciated Smile

Thanks given by:
Check your earths and fuses
Other stuff lambda, unplug it see if it's better
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2015, 11:21 PM)adam b Wrote: Check your earths and fuses
Other stuff lambda, unplug it see if it's better

Any diagrams of all the earths? Smile and I'll try the lambda
Thanks given by:
The idle could be a simple icv change over.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 07:53 AM)7057sam Wrote: The idle could be a simple icv change over.

Yeah I was hoping it would be that, just need to sort the gauges out now
Thanks given by:
Theres no fuel filter? Dturbo is engine bay filter isnt it? You realise petrols have them under the back of the car?
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 11:16 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Theres no fuel filter? Dturbo is engine bay filter isnt it? You realise petrols have them under the back of the car?

Yeah I know where they are suppose to be but the twat has just run fuel lines through the car with no filters. I'm gonna have to cut the pipe and fit one in I guess
Thanks given by:
Tbh a lot of later peugeots don't have fuel filters anyway. My 406 D9 V6 didn't.
Its not the ICV its the lambda due to the part throttle issue. I reckon. Unplugging it will tell you although it does use a tad more fuel

Earths - gearbox top, battery, chassis rail by battery, under dash by your right knee (under sound deadening/carpet). Also check fuses, relays and the connection through the bulkhead.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 03:30 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(16-11-2015, 11:16 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Theres no fuel filter? Dturbo is engine bay filter isnt it? You realise petrols have them under the back of the car?

Yeah I know where they are suppose to be but the twat has just run fuel lines through the car with no filters. I'm gonna have to cut the pipe and fit one in I guess

ive heard that removing the fuel filter adds 5hp. It only adds additional strain on the system and reduces flow after all. Ive heard if you remove the fuel filter and air filter the two are multiplied to produce 25hp! mad gains!
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 08:49 PM)adam b Wrote: Tbh a lot of later peugeots don't have fuel filters anyway. My 406 D9 V6 didn't.
Its not the ICV its the lambda due to the part throttle issue. I reckon. Unplugging it will tell you although it does use a tad more fuel

Earths - gearbox top, battery, chassis rail by battery, under dash by your right knee (under sound deadening/carpet). Also check fuses, relays and the connection through the bulkhead.

Thanks mate that's a huge help Smile yeah I think it's definitely lambda, only does it when warm/driven for a while
Thanks given by:
If you really get stuck bring it up here - have loads of parts to swap to see if it fixes your problems.

Could be clocks, could be broken connection as people yank them out

Oh and your car looks nearly identical to mine!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2015, 10:57 PM)adam b Wrote: If you really get stuck bring it up here - have loads of parts to swap to see if it fixes your problems.

Could be clocks, could be broken connection as people yank them out

Oh and your car looks nearly identical to mine!

Thanks man! You're pretty close and really? I'll have to check yours out Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: sprintr3_1.jpg]

Well apart from its sigma blue under the wrap!
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2015, 08:54 PM)adam b Wrote:
[Image: sprintr3_1.jpg]

Well apart from its sigma blue under the wrap!

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine on track. Will get a replacement lambda soon Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a plug hasnt connected properly on the back of the clocks for all those gauges not to work right
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2015, 07:30 AM)Piggy Wrote: Sounds like a plug hasnt connected properly on the back of the clocks for all those gauges not to work right

Plugs are in fine, if I remove one of the fuses (can't remember what one) the fuel and temperature gauge max out. Then when I put the fuse back in it zeros out again. Tempted to change the engine look as there isn't much to it
Thanks given by:
It could be the loom along the bottom of the front bumper.

I've got a spare ICV that worked when I took it off a year or so ago if you want to try it out.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2015, 06:07 PM)RetroPug Wrote: It could be the loom along the bottom of the front bumper.

I've got a spare ICV that worked when I took it off a year or so ago if you want to try it out.

That would be great if I could try it, you coming to the Christmas meet?
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2015, 11:52 AM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(23-11-2015, 06:07 PM)RetroPug Wrote: It could be the loom along the bottom of the front bumper.

That would be great if I could try it, you coming to the Christmas meet?

I'm not mate but if you bung me a couple of quid on paypal for postage I'll stick it in a padded envelope if you promise to send it back!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: